The Killers Concert

Probably the best Christmas present I got was from my loving, awesome, best girl in the world Angie was a pair of tickets to see one of my personal favorites The Killers! The show was last Tuesday the 20th downtown Chicago, which is about a 2 hour drive South for us. I couldn't thank her enough. The show was amazing. If you haven't heard them and are interested, check em out! They have kind of a synthesizer 80's ring to them, but much better :) Brandon Flowers has a strange voice which I think is similar to the singer of The Cars, and in the concert he sounded even better than their albums. I was just blown away by their performance. AWESOME AWESOME show, thanks for the tickets Angie :thumb: If you like these guys' music and they are headed towards your town I would suggest looking for tickets! The pictures aren't too clear so I only posted 2 but I hope you enjoy.

IMG_2052 (600 x 450).jpg
IMG_2060 (600 x 450).jpg

Westley.. glad to hear you had a great time at the concert and thanks for the review. :thumb:
It is good to know (especially these days) what concerts are worth spending the money on. Seems too many of the newer bands/singers just don't have to live vocal ability that they have on their overly edited/dubbed/remixed albums.

Lucky you Wes!

I too very much like the Killers.......

When You Were Young
Mr. Brightside
Human
Somebody Told Me
Read My Mind
Tranquillize

Such good music!

I agree that they do have a certain 80's style/sound, and some of their songs really remind me of The Cure, well, especially "Tranquillize" :D

I've not been to a concert in a VERY long time, last one.............

Guns & Roses, here in Tokyo, and no one stood up :eek:

WEIRD :rolleyes:

Cheers!

+1 on the Lucky You and thanks; I had missed 'the KILLERS'. This forum helped me discover Imogen Heap and 'the Dualers' as well. WWing AND tunes; what could be better?

Westley.. glad to hear you had a great time at the concert and thanks for the review. :thumb:
It is good to know (especially these days) what concerts are worth spending the money on. Seems too many of the newer bands/singers just don't have to live vocal ability that they have on their overly edited/dubbed/remixed albums.

I couldn't agree more with that Kalea. Thanks it was a fun time :)

Lucky you Wes!

I too very much like the Killers.......

When You Were Young
Mr. Brightside
Human
Somebody Told Me
Read My Mind
Tranquillize

Such good music!

I agree that they do have a certain 80's style/sound, and some of their songs really remind me of The Cure, well, especially "Tranquillize" :D

I've not been to a concert in a VERY long time, last one.............

Guns & Roses, here in Tokyo, and no one stood up :eek:

WEIRD :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Glad to hear you like them Stu! Yeah those are all great songs!

When You Were Young
Read My Mind
All These Things That I've Done

Those are probably my favorite and they played everything I was hoping, it was great. Their new cd is really good too, I like everything on it. Same with all their other ones :) Their new one is kinda different from the others but still good. I could see some Cure in there too, like you are saying.

Wow Guns N Roses that would have been a cool show to see! Yeah that must have been sometime ago they split sometime mid 90's right? But I think there is a "new" Guns n Roses back together. Dunno who's all missing from the band now. I DO know the original drummer is missing because I keep seing him on the VH1 show Celebrity Rehab :eek: And yes that is VERY strange that no one stood up!

+1 on the Lucky You and thanks; I had missed 'the KILLERS'. This forum helped me discover Imogen Heap and 'the Dualers' as well. WWing AND tunes; what could be better?

Nice Glenn, glad you found some more stuff those are also good groups. WWing and tunes - you're correct, nothing could be better than that!