It was a "rough" day!!

Got to the shop and fired up the chainsaw at 8:00 a.m. Quit at 1:00 p.m. No one's interested in the truck load of walnut I posted in Classifieds so I figured I'd better get to turning it:wave:

HPIM3045650x498.jpg

Roughed out 3 walnut bowls, 3 walnut NE's, 1 cherry NE (burnt rim), 1 dunno wood bowl, and 1 locust HF.:thumb:

Dunno wood...... hard as a hunk of granite................ :eek:

HPIM3042650x485.jpg

And found this inside a piece of walnut...so changed shape in mid-rough out :D

HPIM3039628x650.jpg

Ahhh....a good day. Now if I could only finish turn them so fast :rofl:

You really need to look into getting a better maid. Your shop's a mess. :p

Any chance that hard piece of dunno wood is spalted pecan-crete?

Looks like a good day in the shop. My shop looked like that till mr. "A"(my freaind who cannot stand dust or dirt) stopped by to have me help him on a project. He spent al day cleaning the shop and would no listen. He stopped back the next day and all the shaveing where back in the shop.:dunno: :rofl:

I do not feel so bad now. showed the wife ther picture then she threww her hand up and said i lost you guys are all the same. thanks for the picture of the shop. and bowls.

I have always found that my pockets seem to amass an equal amout of off-casts... Bet you are as puffed up as a Pouh Bear. :D

I have always found that my pockets seem to amass an equal amout of off-casts... Bet you are as puffed up as a Pouh Bear. :D

Thanks folks, it was FUN! And no Puff Daddy/Pooh Bear imitation here....got one of those turning smock thangies for Christmas so was chip free!

And the dunno wood was identified as PECAN-crete!:wave: