Lee Valley

Thanks Bill, man I am a dunce, I got the flyer re the driver, liked what i saw and the price so much so that i ordered it for store pick up since I was going to be in the area today. Now I see those clamps and i have always wanted some like that. Going to have to figure out a way to get there and get them.

Tip from me, usually when Lee Valley has a special, dont dilly dally. Its a real deal and things go fast, even faster when word gets out. I have picked up some really good deals there in the past year, but the once or twice I said I will think about it, bam when I woke up they were gone. Not even being replaced. T

Driver kit looks like a real deal. I figured since LV has tested it and at this price, I cannot go wrong. Sorry Milwakee, i now have my small hand held driver drill. By the way for those that dont know it comes with a set of screwdriver bits but also two drill bits and the holster is real neat.

Lee Valley Driver Review

Well after seing the electronic flyer on what looked like a great subsititute for a small handy driver( I have been eyeing from Milwaukee) I immediately ordered one and a day later was able to pick it up.

All excited I put the unit on charge for the better part of the weekend eager to see how it performs. ( The aspect that sold this item to me was the comments made by Lee Valley as to their testing.

"In our tests it would drive more than 130-3/4" screws into particle board
(without predrilling), or drill more than 90 3mm diameter holes through 3/4"
red oak, or drive 90 1-1/2" screws through a 2 × 4, all on a single 3-hour:huh:
charge."

Well I should have known better after all of these years that you get nothing for nothing and there is a reason why the tool is priced this low. Mine is going back this week.

Yes it is nice and light weight a wonderful package and comes with great accessories.

But the power is not there to do what they said in their write up.
I guess I either got a dud or the battery that was in the unit they tested was of superior capability.

Mine battled to use the drill included a small somewhere around 1/8 drill to make a hole in a 2X4. Never mind drive 90 1 1/2 inch screws into a 2x4 unless it was made of polystyrene.:rofl:

So I thought after being quick to endorse Lee Valleys specials I should just warn the family of the downside of this tool.

I will take mine back and let them know and should a different scenario pan out I will update this thread.

Where I come from the Afrikaners have a saying that goes something like this "Goedkoop is duur koop" translated that means a cheap buy is usually an expensive buy.:(

This item belongs in those corporate gift promotional item categories where you hand them out and the people recieving them never use them but get a good warm feeling from percieved value.

Drill is Throw Away

Here is another warning about the drill. It is intended to be throw away. I confirmed with Lee Valley that the battery is not intended to be replaced. To do so requires removing the old one that is soldered right in and soldering a new one into place. This is not something that they neither explain how to do nor advocate.