EZ Smart Guide

Rich Aldrich

I ordered the EZ Smart 100" kit today. Hartville Tool had it on sale for $179 with free shipping. I was going to buy the 114" kit, but the prices keep going up. At this point, I can buy an 18" extension with the connectors later and still be ahead or maybe a longer extension just to add to the package. I figured I could add a 8 14/" circular saw later - just use my Bosch CS 20 for now.

Smaller increment purchases are easier for me. I am excited - this is the first significant addition to the shop in over a year. Next is the Ridgid Spindle/belt sander and then the Grizzly 0555 bandsaw hopefully by the end of the year.

Congrats, Rich. I know a lot of folks are real happy with their EZ setups. :thumb: You're also gonna like the Ridgid oscillating sander, too. I find mine to be very useful.

Rich,

I bought an EZ Smart guide a while ago.

I bought it because I wanted something to make it easy to break down plywood sheets.

It does a great job of that for me, making sure I have accurate, square, relatively chip free cuts.

It sure beats trying to wrestle a 4x8 around on a table saw.

I've used the home made guides in the past, but with the integrated square, and clamps on the bottom, the thing just makes it easy.

I'm sure you will enjoy yours as well!

Rich,
I have the EZ 114" setup, and also a 32' (or is it 36?) with the square attached to it. I use the smaller one 'free-handed' - without the clamps. I just put the square on the edge away from me, and pull it towards me to hold it in place during the cut. It works quite well that way. I've never had it slip off the cut line.

BTW, I use a Makita 7¼" saw with mine.

Overall, I'm very happly with the system. It works almost as well as Dino hypes it. :thumb: :D

Rich,

You're gonna like that EZ smart. There are even people who think seriously about dumping their table saws after they get good with one. I've got that Ridgid sander too, and it works great.

Thanks,

Bill

I ordered the EZ guide kit on Friday and it arrived yesterday. That was fast. I wont have time to mess with it until Saturday, but I have been checking things out on sawmillcreek.org and have a good understanding on how to get things set up. I wish tomorrow was Saturday.

I'll be breaking down some plywood this weekend and that means I'll be using my EZ Smart guide. I think it works pretty darn well for that.

I have the Festool set up (I wanted the very good saw as well as a guide system) and I use it all the time, it really makes breaking down sheets of plywood a LOT easier, and safer, especially in a small shop like mine.

I'm sure you will enjoy your Ez-Smart :thumb: