any interest in a bailey #2 type 1

jim capozzi

hey all ,

i thought i would give my other family members first crack at this . i have a bailey #2 type 1 dated august 1867. its in pretty good shape , no rust , about 60% japanning. front knob is good just the normal small dings from the years , tote is perfect . pictures further down in this post .

Last edited:
hey guys, heres a couple of pics. i don't know if you can see it clearly but the date on the cap iron says dec 24, 1867 , the adjuster wheel is also marked with "baileys patent 1867"

in pic #1 in the middle of the side there are some small initials stamped in the side "EES" dad says they were great,great, great grandads initials , but i am way too young for that :p

Attachments

• #2 bailey.jpg
    #2 bailey.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 47
  • #2 bailey 2.jpg
    #2 bailey 2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 37
  • #2  bailey cap iron date.jpg
    #2 bailey cap iron date.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 34
hey larry , here ya go, the sole pics you asked for .

why am i selling ? yes its been in my family for a long time ..... i am the only woodworking member of my family for a long time back . i figure i can sell it to a collector and have it sit on his shelf instead of mine and use the money to buy something i will actually use ..(think wayne anderson or phillip marcou) i will probably have to sell most of my collection to afford those two guys' stuff but woohoooo what beauties they are !!

selling price : best offer over $250. all offers to be made here in public so theres no questions about who has the highest bid . thanks for looking grizzly

Attachments

• bailey sole.jpg
    bailey sole.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 25
  • bailey sole2.jpg
    bailey sole2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited: