Dado set Systi Matic

Al killian

A local guy has a new set for $100 obo. They are brand new. I have looked around and they seem like a good brand but was wondering if anyone has first hand knowledge ot this brand.

I don't know about their dado sets, but I have two of their blades, a 60 tooth plastics/laminate blade, and a 40 tooth combination blade. I've been very happy with them. I do need to get them sharpened though. Jim.

Is that the one on Craigslist Al? I had an 8" 42T/6T set made in the USA that was really good...picked it up on Ebay for ~ $65. If it's the one on CL, being that this one only has 2T chippers and is $100, I think I'd be inclined to pass. You can get a brand new Freud SD206/208 for ~ $85 locally that should perform comparably. A good set with at least 4T chippers would be even better....Grizzly has the DeWalt DW7670 on sale for $90 (aka the H7200 and Delta 35-7670).

The next step takes you into something like the Infinity Dadonator, Freud SD508, Ridge Carbide Dado-Master ($170 shipped from Holbren with discount code), CMT, or Amana in the $150-$200 range. The Dadonator is the cat's meow IMHO...on sale for $180 shipped using WINHPD10 in the "Promotional Code" field during checkout.

Here's my Systimatic:
SystiMatic Superfine dado.jpg

It came today. For the pic police, you will have to wait.:p I have made test cuts in ply, cherry and wo. The cuts where 1/4" deep and half inch wide. There was no tear out at all. The bottom was smooth and a peice of 1/2" ply fit perfect. The only thing the I had a problem with is the inside blade(the one next to the bearing) was a little skewed.Found out the blade needed to be rotated as it was touching the teeth on the chipper.:doh: The other problem is the cheap cardboard box that it has for the case, considering the price the charge for it.

...The other problem is the cheap cardboard box that it has for the case, considering the price the charge for it.

I remember thinking the same thing....especially compared to the great case on my DW7670 set, but then again, the DW is made in China, and as good as it is for the price, it doesn't quite hang with the Dadonator (and I have yet to find one that does...:thumb:) Good luck!