Swaps

I hope we do an adirondack chair swap, Ive got plenty ready to go, or I can whip one up in 2 hours.
I have a wife to swap, but I like the rest of you guys too much.
(Im not making fun of this, I wish I could make something to send or share that I wouldnt be embarrassed to submit. I wouldnt want to shortchange anyone)

I hope we do an adirondack chair swap, Ive got plenty ready to go, or I can whip one up in 2 hours.
I have a wife to swap, but I like the rest of you guys too much.
(Im not making fun of this, I wish I could make something to send or share that I wouldnt be embarrassed to submit. I wouldnt want to shortchange anyone)

I would think Adirondack chairs would be rather pricey to ship....
but you could always jump in on the "surprise" swap once that gets going.
Also remember that we are our own worst critics. I am not by any means a wood worker of any real experience at all. I have probably completed less than 20 projects... most with a little help here and there. I jumped in on two swaps..(sort of) that were both things I had never done. Mind you I do have a wonderful husband that helps me figure things out and teaches me how to do stuff.... but none of the things I have made have been perfect by any means. The way I look at it is I made it, I used that abilities I have to the fullest and that's that. You aren't trying to sell a product, you are putting your best effort into making something that you will swap with some one else who put their best effort in. We aren't all of the same caliber for sure, but one thing I think everyone here has in common (I would hope) is that they enjoy woodworking.
Isn't that all that really counts?

I wish I could make something to send or share that I wouldn't be embarrassed to submit. I wouldn't want to shortchange anyone)[/QUOTE]

Allen, we have all seen what you create, box wise would be your watch box. Anyone would be proud to have something like it. A great piece. Your way underselling your talent. I am doing the box swap and as of 3 months ago, I wasn't sure exactly what they were, I am not good at all with them, but the experience of doing them makes them better one by one. No embarrassment at all in your work :thumb:

Tom

ok lets say that there is enough interst,,,which i feel there should be:thumb: but should we have something for the winner? and if so how does it become availble..i think that most folks like to get alittel something for using there scrap up:) no need to get carried away but a litle somehting for braggin rights :D hey chuck took the honors and got lotst of snowman, the box swap idea was a great idea and all of us that participated will win on this one.. so any ideas folk?

I dont know, prizes or braggin rights..................not me, but others might think they dont stand a chance against someone with 4 times as many years woodworking experience and 30 thousand dollars worth of equipment at their disposal.

Id like to see something I do have unlimited talent in contest form.........uh........like chocolate cake eating or how bout baked ziti eating?

Last edited:
Hi,
I like the idear of flat work or round as I am trying round but do not think I want to send one of my pieces of round to anyone yet. But I would send a cutting board or two.
When do I get my first suprise or when do I mail my first surprise, and to whom?
Great Idear,
Syd

ok....I have a couple of things in mind... one a contest... I think the prize is going to be purely the satisfaction of knowing that your peers here at the forum... of varying degrees of experiance... voted your piece the best... and it shouldn't cost you anything....
the other a swap.... I will post specifics each in their own thread. :thumb:

Just a general comment to throw out for discussion...

Most, if not all of the contests I've seen on the web that have a tangible prize end up with at least one person upset, mad, or hurt. Either that, or someone pushes the rules a bit and a lot of people get bent out of shape.

I think contests for bragging rights, or something like a shelf full o' snowmen, have a lot less pressure and angst than a contest for something valuable.

Swaps, on the other hand, don't seem to get people upset at each other the way some contests do.

Just my $0.02 -

;)

hey i am easy and dont want yu folks thinkun i was wanting something for nothing i was just puttin it out there so that the group could voice there opinions, and it did just that prior to the post there wasnt any thoughts given now there has been so what ever she decides from this input is fine by me. just tryun to get the thing rollin ..and allen yu need to stop worryun about the 30 k folk they dont have time to do what we are talkin about here,, they got make dollars to pay fer the machnery they have:D

Sept I traded all the Wood working machinery in for printing presses. That's looking like the only paying job in town.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

right now its payun the bills but i surly wouldnt be buyun stock in the printing industry..we have been on thin ice for years now, the new technolgy has taken over the printing industry as well chuck..and some day a roof or a kitchen cabinet is gonna break and the ones that know how to use the hammers and saws will have work may not get paid enough but they will get a job..no puter is gonna do a roof job, trades are always gonna be needed....