Bowclamps

hey tony ,,take a look at the Tour De Wood thread to get an idea of where i am gonna be i can just leve them along the last tree on road 123 south heade towards FL:)

hey tony ,,take a look at the Tour De Wood thread to get an idea of where i am gonna be i can just leve them along the last tree on road 123 south heade towards FL:)

Larry: Florida is not an option. The map of your tour that I saw on your thread suggests that you will run from Binghamton, NY to Contoocool, NH at some point. That route takes you through Bennington, VT, which is 20 miles south of our place. I can't figure out when you will make that run, but if we are in VT then, we could meet. Otherwise, I would try to participate in the group buy and make separate arrangements for shipping. Let me know at your convenience.

Tony

For now we need to figure out who and what they want. From their I will contact Craig and he will figure the price for items ordered.From there we can figure out the shipping details and payment details. So far it looks like 3 master sets + few odd ball Items. I started a list to keep track of who/what are being asked for.

I have an interest in a 3' foot twin pack but it's not clear to me if this opportunity is strictly for those who are located convenient to Larry's travels or if UPS (or similar) an option as well?

Last edited:
No, it's a "redside" rainbow from the Deschutes River near Maupin, OR. If I recall correctly, it was a nice 20 incher that I lost a couple of flies just getting at it.:thumb:

Funny enough, the Puyallup is one of the few rivers in Washington worth fishing that I haven't fished.:huh:

Thanks Al - you can count me in then!

PS - Eating trout is heresy ;) Salmon or Halibut, on the other hand, is fine by me.

yeah we didnt mean to have you not part of the group just cuz i wasnt coming close enough and as for eatin trout or salmon and halibut thats an easy choice...halibut first then wash it down with some good smoked salmon..yum

Peter I was joking when I mentioned the Puyallup.... Stood on the banks of that river on many of cold rainy mornings with my dad, shoulder to shoulder with the rest of the runny nose brigade and never seeing anything caught!:rofl::rofl::rofl: But that was when the Puyallup indian tribe was netting the whole mouth of the river closed in the mid to late 50's. Things may have changed.

Lived in the Summit View area for many years.

I am going to let everyone know that we are going to leave the window open for oders till Feb. 23, then Iwill send craig the list and see what he gives for prices.

It's now considered passable for fishing when the humpies are running - typically in the late summer/early fall. However, I don't really care for the "combat"-style of fishing that's practiced there (shoulder to shoulder).

I've been fortunate enough to have caught more then my share of fish in my life. At this point, it's much more about the journey then the destination - hence the reason why I've switched exclusively to fly fishing. If it was a meat thing, I would definitely switch back to bait/lures.

Every time I go to Maui, I look longingly at the charters going out for Tuna. That looks like it would be a blast!

Last edited:
Hey all,

Yeah, some of y'all know me, some don't, that's because I have been quite delinquent in just about everything.
Craig is a good friend of mine, matter of fact last week we went to Philly together to check out Alan Turners furniture school.
(See Off Topic)
While their he popped the question to Mario Rodriquez, veneer master and author. " So Mario, how you gonna clamp the into the middle of a table top?"
(I have edited for content)
Answers... well...bag it.
What if you don't have a pump. Well, veneer press. Ahh, what about the legs?
You get the idea...Bowclamps.
Now Mario had a set on the wall, but like me, had neglected to see the possibilities. It was neat seeing the light bulb over the head moment.
Remember this is my interpretation of the conversation.

Per

But Wait! There is more!

Ok, Ok starting to sound like a TV commercial but hey.
Long story short economic times are tuff and our motto....
We gotta eat.
Hence this repair.
This mission style Mahogany table had been in the clients family since the
twenty's. And it looked it. Kids pets and a long the way maybe a alcohol problem. Hey don't judge, prohibition right?
Anyway, the budget was slim. Normally we would just take it apart
and duplicate the piece. The clients reaccessed the heirloom status
of this piece and balked.

We just resawed some "Backyard mahogany" and glued it in place.
Using bowclamps of course. Only economical way to do it.
Here are a few shots. The clients had no regrets.

Per

Attachments

• bc1-1.jpg
    bc1-1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 29
  • bc2 -2.jpg
    bc2 -2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 27
  • bc3-3.jpg
    bc3-3.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 26
Al, and everybody, a explanation.
Maybe its adult ADD but right now I am easily lost on the intertubes.
See, I have a jeep project in the driveway, a piano in the garage,
my house in a state of shoemaker neglect and not enough business to
finance the life I have grown accustomed.
This doesn't mean I don't care for each and everyone of you,
just means all this extra curricular activity and the long winter naps deplete the brain cell bank.;)

Per