Are there server/software issues?

Art Mulder

Hey Admins,

about 3-4 times in the last 2 weeks, when I try to visit the forum I get this error flashed at me.
famwoodworkingerror.jpg
Reloading the page gives the same error, doublechecking the URL gives the same error...

If I come back in an hour or so, it's fine. yet when I get onto the forum there is never any discussion of the server acting up.

...art

I noticed this a few minutes ago, it was persistent, so I called, well Skyped BlueHost, they checked and said the MySLQ server was down, and they were fixing it, it got fixed :dunno:

Stu

Yeppers, we've been having an increase in these database hitches. Fortunately, Bluehost has been good about getting things back up for us.

We're planning to upgrade the forum software soon. The newer version appears to have some fixes that hopefully will help reduce the number of these errors.

I have had some of the same things over the last week, but Yesterday, there was something different that I wondered if anyone else has gotten.

When I clicked on the "Here" link in Ron Fritz's post, I got a big red warning block that said something like "Warning, This site has been reported to be an Invasive site", (or something like that), and then it said what do you want to do, so I clicked on the one that said "Get Me Out of Here".

Has anyone else gotten anything like this??????????

I have had some of the same things over the last week, but Yesterday, there was something different that I wondered if anyone else has gotten.

When I clicked on the "Here" link in Ron Fritz's post, I got a big red warning block that said something like "Warning, This site has been reported to be an Invasive site", (or something like that), and then it said what do you want to do, so I clicked on the one that said "Get Me Out of Here".

Has anyone else gotten anything like this??????????

Hi Norman, I too got this, and I checked his site out via Google, and they warned against visiting it, but I also did a McAfee scan, and McAfee said the site was just fine :dunno:

creekside3.jpg

Remember, it was just a few days ago that Google warned everyone that the entire internet was Malware :eek: :doh: :rofl::rofl:

If there is anything on Ron's site, I very, VERY much doubt that Ron has anything to do with it, it is most likely something that his webhosting has done.

BTW, I don't get any warnings like that on my Mac :D :thumb:

Thanks for the info, Stu. I figured that "IF" there really was something awry at the site, others would get the warning also, and we could let Ron know to check it out to see if something had gotten into it somehow. I figured it was something that had very recently happened since others had mentioned how nice the items were at the site, but had not mentioned anything about getting that warning.

Norman, I already sent Ron a PM, explaining to him the warning I got.

I want to say again, I have no doubt that this is either a false positive, or something that the company hosting his site has added without Ron knowing about it.

Cheers!

I got something similar from google saying that Sid the Science Kid's site on PBS.org was not a trusted site...did a search on yahoo and it didn't say anything...and no I wasn't checking it out myself, my daughter was.:p