Chatmonchy

Stuart Ablett

OK, you are thinking "What is a Chatmonchy.....?"

Well, it is a band, a Japanese rock band, three gals, and I think they are great. Wesley's post about the Killers got me thinking about this. My eldest daughter, who is soon to be 15, really likes this band, and I found, watching one of their concerts on TV, I found that I too came to like their energy and fun factor.

The girls are now in their early 20's and they have been around for a few years, I think the first album was in 2005.

This is the first song of theirs that I really liked.....

>> Kaze Fukeba Koi << (Love Blows in the wind)

You can see an HD YouTube video of them doing >> Love Letter <<

and here is another video called >> Sekai ga owaru yoru << (The Night the World Ends)

>> Shangrila <<

I have no idea if any of you will find this band of interest, but for me they are very cool, mainly because they are NOT the usual BAD J-Pop stuff we get here, any somewhat "cute" who can sometimes even sing, hyped to the end of the world, and is top 10 for a month or two, then find a new cute girl :doh:

These gals in Chatmonchy play the instruments, and write the songs.

Besides, it is something that my teenage daughter and I both like :thumb:

Cheers!

Hey Stu

I have found travelling the world as i have done, that there is a great deal more interesting and entertaining music out there that should get greater exposure.

You dont have to understand the words to enjoy the music and see the talent.

Take Italian singers like Pavarotti. I dont understand the language but enjoy the emotion in much of his music and the ability to sing.

Its interesting you say they write their own songs because it seems they are really into the music and not just putting it on.

This is something my youngest son and i discuss when we talk about music. He and several of his friends have a great deal of interest in the old rock bands like ACDC and Pink Floyd etc. To me too much of the music industry is centered around a packaged hit these days. Almost electronically produced to fit within a "filter" of sorts that says if it has this "pattern" to it it is more likely to be a success.

I dont think some of the most succesful rock bands worried about patterns they survived and still survive because of the music and the lyric content being something people can relate to.

Sorry did not mean to hijacl the thread.

Thanks for the exposure.

Rob, I think you are exactly right, and that is why I put this up, I find this music fun and interesting. Most of the stuff my daughter likes, I do not, but int this band we got lucky!

She likes some of the same stuff as me, like Bare Naked Ladies "BNL" I've loved them from the very beginning, very lyrical and just plain fun! :thumb:

Well said, Rob :)

Stu I watched a couple of the videos, pretty neat. I surely cannot understand what she's saying :huh: But yes you are right, good energy. Plus it's always cool to see a group of chicks jammin out :thumb: That is REALLY cool that you and your daughter can enjoy them together! Maybe you'll get to see a show together one day? Thanks for sharing Stu, cool stuff :thumb:

About 25 years ago, while stationed in Japan, I was very interested in a Japanese girl duo called "Pink Lady." The two girls, Mieko and Kei, sang in beautiful harmony, and by the way, were also pretty easy on the eyes, too.

A few years later, they came to the U.S., and briefly had a TV show with (I think) Tony Orlando. Talk about a quick way to mess up an otherwise very talented act - just Americanize it! The U.S. TV version was horrible! Tony Orlando was on the fast downward track about that time, and unfortunately he dragged Mieko and Kei down with him. I never heard anything about them again. :(:(