this one is for Tod

Frank Fusco

You can tell I'm a bit bored today. Razorback basketball comes on in about an hour, I'll vegatate in front of the tube for a while then.
In the meantime.....knowning that Tod likes to restore old trucks, this one is for him.
Parked on a vacant lot on Old Military Road not far from my home is this old Ford for sale.
Phone number on it is: 870-421-8880.
Definately a project that would keep someone busy for a while.

Attachments

• old truck.jpg
    old truck.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 60
I have no need for a truck that size. But I have always wanted to take something big, like that and sort to street rod it. Modern drive train and suspention. A old classic looking paint job and put my business name on the side. Keep it's classic looks, just modernize the drive line.

I guess if I ever were to do wood working or machine restoration for a living (no plans BTW) I would have to look into that for a work truck.

Every time I see a truck of that size and vintage, I have flashbacks to the movie "Sorceror" (Roy Scheider, early 80's or so). It's about a couple of guys in trucks like that driving crates of very unstable dynamite 120 miles through the Columbian jungle on more-or-less non-existent roads.

frank, this looks to be the perfect replacement for your ailing dodge;) ....it`d be a cool shop truck for somebody else, my luck with fords is nonexistant..thanks for the heads up though...tod

Local concrete guy in Detroit area has a mid-50's cement truck (Ford) turned into a street rod. I have only seen it one time several years ago, but quite pretty and well executed.

frank, this looks to be the perfect replacement for your ailing dodge;) ....it`d be a cool shop truck for somebody else, my luck with fords is nonexistant..thanks for the heads up though...tod

Not far off with your comment on my Dodge. But that old Ford doesn't look air conditioned. :rofl:
Maybe we could restore it as a FW project and run around the country picking up old iron. ;)