my dog ate my push block

sort of. I have a couple of the plastic push blocks with the angled handle that I use on the jointer. We have a 2 year old boxer that will eat/chew anything. He's getting better now about chewing but I will still find a surprise every now and then. My question has to do with the tacky foam on the bottom of the block. The other day he decided that he must like the stuff. He chewed nearly all of it off the bottom. For some odd reason he didn't chew on any of the plastic, just the foam. What can I use to replace the foam with? Here's a picture of the little lovely.

Attachments

• joe (600 x 364).jpg
    joe (600 x 364).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 33
Please hide your Gorilla Glue, dogs love it. Old mouse pad or piece off of a shredded wet suit. Everyone has an old wet suit, don't they? OK, well at least everybody has an old mouse pad or can find one ;-)

Thanks guys, I'll give the mouse pad a try.

Glenn I now try to keep everything put up on shelves or in cabinets but sometimes I forget. He (Joe) has chewed the plugs off nearly all my tools. He got a new air hose and mangled it. He ate a 7 foot leyland cypress tree. I came home from work and all that was left was about a 6" long piece of trunk sticking up out of the ground. Other than eating everything he is a great dog.:rolleyes:

A friend's rotweiller ate their grandson't Grover. He said it was quite unnerving to go pick up poop that had an eye looking up at him. That and the green fuzzy stuff that was stuck to the dog's butt. Boxer's have to be one of the best looking dogs there are.

John I recently got some neoprene weather stripping at the local HD which was about 1inch wide with self adhesive and just the right thickness to compress for your application. Not expensive either. Cannot remember what it cost exactly but I have several things I am going to use it for. Nice looking little dog.