CNC ROUTING ??

Now That's What I'm Talkin About!!!

Oh yeah,

LOVE it

CNC Routing - It just EXCITES me - and it makes Jason Beam jealous. Sorry Jason.

Love the TABLE - and the SIGNS :thumb:

Waterjet huh - that's not hobby level stuff.

We cut some 2" thick steel on a waterjet at a place I worked.

*** Vectric ***

It by far the best company on earth - and you can tell Tony and Brian I said so.

You are only limited by your imagination - on CNC :D

Attachments

• gerryberry-1.JPG
    gerryberry-1.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Copy of russ-3.JPG
    Copy of russ-3.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Copy of tray-1.JPG
    Copy of tray-1.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 17
Hey you CNC guys, how do you like the v-carve pro? Like I mentioned earlier a friend has an AXYZ router that he will let me use. I haven't done any programing since g-code days so I have a lot of catching up to do. I haven't checked yet but I think his software is rather old. I think I can draw up stuff in autoCAD and dump it into the machine? When I stopped by his factory the other day I looked at the machine and figured I would have a few hours just cleaning the sawdust and cobwebs off of it. He is not a computer literate person and struggled to get anything done with it. I am wondering about investing in v-carve pro or something similar to get it up to speed. What might the minimum computer requirements be for that program?

Hey you CNC guys, how do you like the v-carve pro? Like I mentioned earlier a friend has an AXYZ router that he will let me use. I haven't done any programing since g-code days so I have a lot of catching up to do. I haven't checked yet but I think his software is rather old. I think I can draw up stuff in autoCAD and dump it into the machine? When I stopped by his factory the other day I looked at the machine and figured I would have a few hours just cleaning the sawdust and cobwebs off of it. He is not a computer literate person and struggled to get anything done with it. I am wondering about investing in v-carve pro or something similar to get it up to speed. What might the minimum computer requirements be for that program?

Vectric is the number one BEST - you can get - for the price.

I have used CAM that costs 10's of thousands of dollars - I also use Solid works - and I have used Unigraphics ($60k).

No - Vectric is not any of that - but I will tell you this - vectric USERS - love - vectric.:thumb:

V-Carve Pro is around $600. It is the best $600 ever spent on woodworking CAM.:thumb:

G-code? I do that all day every day. However I would not even "try" my signs with g-code.:huh:

So - consider this a plug for vectric. Tony Mac (owner) is the best - Vectric is the best.

Yes I get a commission check in the mail (!!! NO, I don't !!!).:rofl:

Attachments

• DonBeachComer.jpg
    DonBeachComer.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 16
Wow
Some nice work here.

I have the interest and built av small machine, then got busy and never really got it to the point it worked well. Just used all thread for lead screws ect. Was mesmerized when I had it working....

You guys sure take it up several levels..
Garry

another HUGE recommendation from Vectric Vcarve Pro from me too.

if it wasn't for Vectric, there's no way I would be where I'm at today with CNCing....

best $600 I've ever spent on software hands down.

it really makes it easy for a cnc novice to produce top quality work.

(I know I sound like a commercial, but, you can download a free demo version which will let you generate gcode for a sample file or 2 and play with the interface to see preview cuts... after about 10 or 15 minutes with it you're hooked and will spend the money :) )

-J