I have this PROBLEM.....

Ron Roase

:D:thumb:Hello All: After reading about making somthing from scraps,I started to smile and got the camera out and took a few pictures of some of my scraps. Could not get them all now as some are in a back shed that is snowed shut for a couple more months. My problem is that I can't seem to throw anything away. I know I need to re organize my wood rack. :dunno: But it's much easier to do this in the Spring when I can sort it out side. So I can sort bu thickness....For the top rack of Plywood. 2nd Shelf is Pine and 3rd Shelf Hard wood...Mostly red oak and some maple and a little walnut. Bottom of rack is mostly 2 by stock (2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x6 ) also some Hard wood flooring that come in all different lengths. :huh::D
Does any one else suffer from this horrable desease? As I say there is much more in my back sheds. I have saved wood that was removed from a Church remodel that was done 35 years ago. Where dose the time go...seems like just yesterday. I built a small clock and picture holder that required 3/4" MDF.
The project needed only a couple of pieces 5x5 inches square. I had to buy a
4x8 sheet. I have wanted to use some of that many times since and have used all but a 4x4 piece that is at the bottom of my plywood pile. Another piece of 3/4" Plywood (fir I think ) is up over head in my garage,its been ther for at least 40 years and has only had 13" cut from one end A grade both sides. Of course that was when 3/4" was actually 3/4". When I think of useing it ...... being its up over head I need help getting it down and no one is around to help. We have a Spring clean up every year and believe it or not I always put a lot of stuff at the curb for pick up. But never ever wood. Are you nuts? It could come in handy some day.:D:D:rofl:

Attachments

• Short Plywood scraps.jpg
    Short Plywood scraps.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Narrow cutoffs & odd moldings.jpg
    Narrow cutoffs & odd moldings.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Scrap plywood pieces.jpg
    Scrap plywood pieces.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 45
  • Side view Of lumber rack.jpg
    Side view Of lumber rack.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Side view 2 lumber rack.jpg
    Side view 2 lumber rack.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Little pieces of scraps.jpg
    Little pieces of scraps.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 41
I think that's called "pack-rat-ism", Ron. :rofl:

Never fear, I'm sure there are some in your neck of the woods who will be happy to help you out and take some of that "scrap" off your hands....or help you use it.

Nope. I put all the small stuff in a box next to the wood stove. If it is not used before I it is needed for heat then it will go into the stove. Gave up awhile ago on trying to keep scraps that never get used.

Ron don't feel alone. I build Street Organs and they take a lot of small parts of 1/8" 1/4" 1/2" stock as short as 1/4" and it seems as I save every piece of scrap Baltic birch and any square stock. Its everywhere :doh: SAVE ME :rofl::rofl:

Jay

I would love to see some pictures of street organs...what a unique item...very different.......got any pics you care to share?(not meaning to be rude, but thats some interesting item)

I guess I just don't understand :huh: This is a problem:dunno::rofl::rofl: I have wood cutoffs all over the place not only from my shop, but my son brings home cutoffs almost on a daily basis from his work. Problem? I think not :D One mans burn pile is another mans treasure :thumb: