Google search lacking

Frank Fusco

Usually, I'll use the the Google search to fine an old thread or reference. Yesterday, I looked for "etouffee". With Google, nuthin, nada. With regular search I found the thread I wanted right away. I don't understand, but from now on I'll use both rather than just rely on one.

well, seeing Frank's message, and slightly worried I may have broken something yesterday, I did a test of the google search vs. the forum search. My chosen search terms were Doorlink and Doofus... ;)

In google, "Doorlink" returned 473 hits, in the forum search, only 141. The choice is clear... ;)

It's true that a few of the google hits were from the archives, and clicking on them just took me to a generic archives page, but there weren't many like that.

In case you're wondering, "Doofus" returned 25 in the forum search, and 86 in google... ;)

On the immediate subject, "etouffee" returned one thread in google, and two (the original recipe thread, and this one) in the forum search. The spider clearly hasn't crawled through yet... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Last edited: