17" and counting...

Bruce Page

Whew! I just finished shoveling! I don't know how the juniper bushes by the front walk are going to turn out - they're pretty smooched right now. Got most of the heavy snow out of the pine trees. The canopy at the gas station down the street collapsed, I bet there is going to be a lot of damage around town. 2nd big snow in 1½ weeks!
I bet Jesse Cloud up in Placitas is buried!

Wheew. I guess the roof, canopy thing is going around.

Here are a couple shots my sister in the Northeast Heights of Albuquerque (Morris and Menaul area) sent me today:

Snow1 T 800.jpg SecondSnow T 800.jpg

Definitely not the usual dusting they get. I'm bummed that I'm not there. Most years I would be there for the holidays, but parental health issues here in SoCal are keeping LOML and me here this year.

Stay warm Bruce, Jesse, and John (Downey)...

I miss the snow, really I do :(

My kids are in Canada right now, they have over 20" on the ground and it is -15C there, and they are loving it, they got their first pair of ice skates last night! :thumb:

BTW Vaughn, what kind of dog is that that can clear the snow, got to be a popular breed in some parts ;) :rofl:

Cheer!

Only 7 more hours of work to go, it pure insanity right now, busy busy busy! :)

...BTW Vaughn, what kind of dog is that that can clear the snow, got to be a popular breed in some parts ;) :rofl:
Yeah, she's an extremely rare Bernalillo Snow Bowser. Those little legs sure got a mean kick.

...Only 7 more hours of work to go, it pure insanity right now, busy busy busy! :)
Well then what in the world are you doing on the Internet, then? :D Happy New Years, Mr. I'm Halfway Around the World So I get To Celebrate Everything Early!

Yeah, she's an extremely rare Bernalillo Snow Bowser. Those little legs sure got a mean kick.

Well then what in the world are you doing on the Internet, then? :D Happy New Years, Mr. I'm Halfway Around the World So I get To Celebrate Everything Early!

Ever hear of a coffee break..............? :coffee:

if it wasn't for the coffee today, I'd be asleep....:zzz:

Wow. We should have snow by this time of year but at 6:00 it was 43°F and it looks like it rained all night. It was foggy all day yesterday. :rolleyes:

Actually, if we don't get snow att all this year I won't mind. Hope you folks who aren't used to the huge piles of snow get along alright.

I wonder if my coffee is ready.

Happy New Year!

Whew! I just finished shoveling! I don't know how the juniper bushes by the front walk are going to turn out - they're pretty smooched right now. Got most of the heavy snow out of the pine trees. The canopy at the gas station down the street collapsed, I bet there is going to be a lot of damage around town. 2nd big snow in 1½ weeks!
I bet Jesse Cloud up in Placitas is buried!

Hey Bruce. You bet I'm buried! Probably gonna be tomorrow before I can get out. We got 24 inches and my driveway is a dirt road up a steep hill.
At least I'm getting plenty of shop time!:D :D :D

For those of you who have never been to NM in the winter. A couple of inches is a big storm here and it usually melts before the day is over. Here's a pic of the desert from my back porch.

Attachments

• 130-3031_IMG (600 x 450).jpg
    130-3031_IMG (600 x 450).jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 18
I worked, lived in Tucumacari [? spelling ] for a short while when I was younger.

Never seen a hint of winter weather while I was there.

My daughter and her husband live in Colorado Springs, they got a lot of snow. Local web cams show the busiest streets and intersections virtually empty of traffic.
I live in Arkansas. Yesterday was cloudy with light rain, temps in 50's. Today sunny, temps in 50's.
Oh, was I braggin' ? ;)

I worked, lived in Tucumacari [? spelling ] for a short while when I was younger.
My deepest condolences. ;) I worked a few months in on a dam spillway at Ute Lake, which is about 30 miles north of Tucumcari. Not the end of the earth, but you can reach out and touch it from there. I've seen snow in that part of the state, but usually it's pretty light. It can still get real windy and cold out on the eastern plains of the state, though.