14 more pages and nothing:doh:
Lots of stuff to coat your concrete floor and did you know that the epoxy on street signs is USDA approved? Guess that means you can use them as dishes.:thumb:

Don't let my teen hear you saying that...don't have dishes left in the cabinets as it is, will have a bunch of lost tourist on the highway. The term "Bring the dishes down" doesn't do it anymore...have to be specific..."glasses and silverware too!"

Come on...those with teens know what I'm sayin!:dunno:

14 more pages and nothing:doh:

Darn! I've always had this quirky theological belief that if one could just find exactly the right search terms, one could discover any Secret Of The Universe! ;)

Guess I'll either have to refine my terms, or develop a new theology centered on the "I'm feeling lucky" button! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

If you need the FDA's blessing and paperwork read no further.

But it is quite common to use marine Epoxy like West and the many others in water tanks on boats. I am pretty sure they don't have any certifications or would recommend it, but I do know it is and has been done for years. Once cured I don't think there is much to worry about.

Hey, Chuck,

This is not my fault! You should blame Vaughn! ;)

Yeah, that's the ticket... ;)

http://tinyurl.com/c6e6xe

In his defense... we *both* spent time searching through google.... sometimes it doesn't hurt to ask you friends on the off chance that they might have some helpful info though.
As many times I have thought to myself *duh* why not google it... or posted a link to a google search for someone.... can't say as I have ever see that "let me google that for you page".
Even now that I know it is there.... still don't think I would use it.... in the online world it is way to easy too offend people even when none is meant.
That site strikes me as kind of the same as "here's your sign"

Like Bill said, I'm to blame for finding the "Let me Google that for you" site. I think it'd be a lot less "snarky" if it didn't have the "Now wasn't that easy?" comment. :rolleyes:

I like the novelty of its animation, and it does possibly show people alternative search terms they might not have thought about. (For example, I would have used a different search string than Bill did in the epoxy hunt.) I'm pretty certain Bill posted the link in a joking manner, not as a put-down.

I figured it was a joke as well.... but lots of people out there have a tendancy to take things more literal when they don't of tone of speak and body language behind it.... even sometimes with the input of a :rofl: or ;)
:dunno:

ok kalea has got that settled! now fer the epozy question ,,am i correct in thinking that you can mix wood dust in there with the stuff to fill voids and it will take some dye or match closely to the native wood????

Last edited:
I figured it was a joke as well....

Dear KaLea and Chuck,

Whoa, just saw this, how did I miss it? Yikes! I certainly meant no offense... was just trying to do a set of search strings. What I used to do in such cases was to try a complicated string that seemed likely to give results. In this case, the resulting URL I'd post would look like this:

http://www.google.com/search?q=usda...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

I was always worried that would only work in whatever browser I was using, and may involve cookies unique to my machine. So I tried the tinyURL version.

Guess I should go back to the old way...

Please accept my apologies.

Thanks,

Bill

Epoxy?

Hey Chuck,Kalea, Just wanted to try and help , try masterbond as referenced by others in the forum, and also West Systems ,www.westsystem.com or 1-800- 937-8797 8am-5pm est ask tech. dept for a Material Safety Data Sheet, on any product or vendor that you are purchasing from they have to supply it to you either via there Web site or by mail or by fax. If you talk to the vendor supplying it there should be a vendor document that there quality Control dept. will have to verify FDA and Osha requirement's as well if not documented in Material Safety Data Sheet. I would recommend talking to someone at the supplier you decide to use, sometimes just talking to one vendor might lead you to the correct item your're looking for by a referal even if one company doesn't have the product you want. It doesn't hurt to ask and be Bold about it. I personally know this from working in a 20+ years as a procurement person until they " Downsized my whole Dept" . Let me know how it goes! Happy hunting. :type::wave::rofl::thumb: