Neader haul

Tony Falotico

I have never settled on any one discipline in woodworking, but have dabbled in flatland, got sucked into the vortex of turning, done large stuff, small stuff, burned electrons and turned Neanderthal at times. A coworker asked me a while back if I was interested in some planes. His Dad was gathering his Grandfather’s tools and getting ready to bring them to the flea market, but would give me first crack at them. Of course, I’m always interested in tools whether I need them or not. So yesterday his dad shows up with some boxes, and I ended up making a package deal on all of them.

Pic one shows a #151 Stanley spoke shave, and two unmarked wooden ones. One is in good shape, the other is badly cracked and may not be repairable. Alongside it is a Stanley block plane. The lock lever is broke on it but the rest is there and good. Next to it is a Stanley #40 Scrub plane in good shape, a #75 bull nose rabbet plane, a Miller Falls # 305 in super condition, and a Stanley #7 rusted but in great shape. The last one on the right is a cheaper impostor of unknown origin.

Pic two going clockwise, is a #71 router plane in good shape, two #45 combination planes complete in good to great shape (I have a full set of cutters for it), two #78 Duplex fillister and rabbet planes dirty but complete, and a dirty #39 ½ Dado plane complete in great shape.
They will all make great users, if not collectibles. Can’t wait to clean ‘em up and add them to my collection. BTW, he told me today his Dad found a few more. :thumb:

Attachments

• 021209_318 (800 x 536).jpg
    021209_318 (800 x 536).jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 021209_328 (800 x 536).jpg
    021209_328 (800 x 536).jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 38
Sweet! I have been looking to add a combo plane to my collection and you score two with blades???!!! Looks like you fell into a great deal. Congratulations!