Dado sled ?

Mine is a carbon copy of my crosscut sled. Just a wider cut in the base. I suppose that if you had a replaceable insert that you could use the same sled for both. I just found it easier to build a second one.

I wouldn't see why you couldn't build one the same as you regular sled. Just a wider slot in it.

I just use the miter gage with a aux. fence attached to it. Haven't sprung for a set of dado's for the DeWalt yet. 1" arbor on it.

I wouldn't see why you couldn't build one the same as you regular sled. Just a wider slot in it.

I just use the miter gage with a aux. fence attached to it. Haven't sprung for a set of dado's for the DeWalt yet. 1" arbor on it.

I have a V27 miter gage and no matter how tight I adjust it there is always just a small amount of slop in it. My sleds have zero slop and are smother to use as well as always being very accurate. Also they can handle wider stock easily. Once you get the miter gage fence off of the back of the table it is very hard for me to use. I have to hold it up and try to keep it square, not impossible but sure not as nice as the sled. You can also clamp with downward pressure if you need to on longer wood and it is easier to handle very small pieces. For me it was overwhelmingly worth the small amount of effort, time and spare materials to build it.

I said that my dado sled was a "carbon copy of my crosscut sled". Acutually that is not true. The basic sled is the same but I have it set up with an adjustable, replaceable aux fence (inside of the standard back fence) for doing box joints.

dscf0017.jpg

dscf0018.jpg

dscf0019.jpg

Last edited:
That's a very slick solution, Allen. If I didn't already have the Incra set-up, I'd be looking at building me one of those.