New blade!

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
What a nice fellow that UPS guy is. Look what he left for me today!
DSC_3045 a.jpg
This is just what I needed for cutting the aluminum bar that will serve as trim for the chancel furniture build. I took advantage of Rockler's 20% off any one item sale.:D

I'd suggest you take it out of the box before you put it on the saw :D

I'm sure you will find that is just the ticket!

(Edit see >> THIS << post my computer hickuped and I could not see what I was typing.......honest! :) )

Last edited:
Of course now I can't find your original thread about aluminum cutting so I'll toss my two cents out here. Part of the reason I went with a RAS instead of a tablesaw as my first stationary tool was that at the time I anticipated also doing some materials work (aluminum, plastics, etc). While doing my research I was told that a tablesaw is maybe not the safest idea fo cutting up sheet aluminum - think kickback and then you have a big dull knife blade flying at yer belly.

I machined the DC hood for my RAS using my RAS. Said hood is pictured here.

When I was doing the cuts I clamped the aluminum sheet to the table and even gently placed my railroad track anvil on top of the aluminum to help secure the sheet. If you're going to do this on a RAS I can provide more details on how I did the cuts if you think it'd be helpful.

Best of luck and be safe.

Nice! Enjoy. My wife thinks I spend more time with the UPS guy than her, but that's not true....my time gets split pretty fairly between her, the UPS guy, the US Postman, the Fedex girl, and the DHL guy too! :rofl: