Welcome to Ohji

Greg Cook

I have arrived in Ohji, Japan.

Bringing the "kids" was quite an experience, and doing it alone was a tiring time. But, they depend on us, and we wouldn't think of leaving them behind.

I had to drag both cages along with my own luggage.

This is our house....about 1250 sq ft.

Small front porch.

Our "backyard"...:eek:

Last edited:
Hey Greg, good to see you pop in. :wave: I was wondering the other day how you were doing. Looks like a nice place, but I'll bet the dogs are wondering what you did to their yard. Are you permanently hooked back up into the Intarweb?

BTW, it might be time to change your sig. :p Maybe use the title of an old Eagles song...Already Gone. :rofl:

Front entrance way.

View of entrance from inside.

Through the door into the dining/family room with adjoining kitchen.

Dining/Family room

Typical "system" kitchen with stainless steel counter top

Last edited:
Great soaking bath and bathing area. Next to it, before you enter, is the sink and laundry area.

We have a "toilet" room on both the first and second floor, but the first floor one has the fancy "bun washing" feature, with a heated seat....

Last room on the first floor is the living room.

Then up the stair to the second floor.

Last edited:
Great to hear from you Greg. Glad you made it safe and sound.

Thanks glenn. I actually arrived in Japan on Christmas Day, but it has take forever to get "settled", with all the registration procedures you have to go through, getting a bank account set up, company orientation, bus pass, train pass, and making arrangements to get a drivers license.... We didn't get our household goods until yesterday. I can't believe that the guys put all the boxes we packed up over a couple of months...into our house in 5 hours!:eek: (pics of that to follow).

Good to hear from you Greg. Looks to be a nice place. A little small for my taste, but I'm sure the bun warmer/washer makes up for it. :D
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well, I have yet to try out the bun washer.:rolleyes: I'm afraid the shock of a sudden spray :eek: would be too much.... :rofl: The warmer is nice on cold mornings, though.

On the 2 floor we have two bedrooms, a walk in storage room, another "powder room" and a Japanese style tatami mat room we are currently using as our bedroom.

Top of the stairs

The hallway to the left leads to the two bedrooms with the storage room in between.

This is the "Bay Window" bedroom, with the best views in the house.

The tatami mat room.

Last edited:
Don't knock the bun sprayer :D

Good to see you Greg, the place looks great, it looks fairly new, and nice hardwood floors :thumb:

Where the heck does the workshop go :huh: :dunno:

Got a shovel, you could dig a Dungeon :D

Cheers!

Stu,

The house is about 15+ years old. It does have 75 Amp service though.

This is the garage...

...uh, the entrance to the ..... Cave!:thumb:

This will be my shop and vehicle storage. :D

Me thinks that Greg might be taking up some more hand tool projects :D

Once you get it all squared away, I'm sure you will be able to put a nice small shop in there, and with the ability to open the door and have access to it, well, I'd certainly say it is doable :thumb:

BTW, your "Backyard" looks big enough for a BBQ :D

hey, it looks like you can eat off those clean streets.
Im from NY, I dont see streets that clean in this city, ever.

Allen,

The streets are very clean. We all belong to the "neighborhood group" and have get-togethers regularly to pick up trash and clean up. Since it is clean to start with, most people think twice about tossing stuff out of their cars or dropping stuff in the street.

:huh: I seem to remember you posting photos a year or so back of a nice house surrounded by some green space... Is this house a temporary situation or am I mis-remembering?

As for the "cave"... (hey, Stu has TM'd the dungeon name.) ... well it looks big enough for a shop. But for a shop AND a car? :huh::dunno:

have fun settling in!
...art