Clamps

Ed Nelson

I know the cliche about not having enough clamps, but I really don't and I had abut 14 frame and panel doors to glue up. Here's a quick and easy jig I made to get the job done. I'm sure others have come up with the same idea, but I thought I'd share it.

IMAG0438.jpg

IMAG0439.jpg

IMAG0440.jpg

IMAG0436.jpg

It's just a wedge system, but I was able to clamp multiple doors at the same time.

That's really slick, Ed. The beauty is in its simplicity. Are the dowels glued into place in the lower plywood strip under the panel, or can all the components be disassembled? I suppose one could drill several holes at intervals to accommodate different sized frames.

Cheers,

Kevin

All loose assembled. Makes it real easy to disassemble. I did have to cut new cross pieces because of different width doors that I didn't take into account at first. Thankfully all the plywood strips were scraps from other projects. Basically the "clamps" were FREE!

Excellent approach, Ed. I've used wedges in a similar fashion to hold things in a router bridge setup, but I like the idea of using them for gang clamping. Gives me some ideas. :thumb:

Hey Jr, I think I got the basic idea from one of your posts and just modified it for my needs:thumb: I always looked for for your posts! Hope you will continue them here!

Some of the guys at the North CArolina Woodworker forum suggested I send it in to one of the mags, so I sent it to FWW for their methods of work section. Maybe I'll get lucky enough to win the spokeshaves they give away:rolleyes:

Hi Ed. Thats a pretty nice idea. Glad you posted that. I will be doing osme cabinets for the kitchen remodel in the future and I will be thanking you again then too I am sure
Reg