OT New Tool Gloat

Doug Shepard

In Memorium
Thought I'd post some eye candy pics for the guitarists here of a fleabay purchase that showed up today. This is an Epiphone Sheraton II in mint condition in Alpine White that's no longer available. I've been wanting one of these since playing and ogling one in a music store back in the 80's. The seller claimed he'd only played it about 10 hours the entire time he'd owned it, and it looks it. Except for a couple of light scuff scratches on the pickguard there's not a mark on it. Haven't applied electricity to it yet but it plays extremely nice. Had to put up a bit of a fight for it, but got what amounts to a free case and free shipping compared to what new ones cost, but in a very rare color. Now I just gotta get busy and work on getting my chops back.
Epi02.jpgEpi03.jpg
Epi04.jpgEpi01.jpg

Saaaweeeeeeeeeeet! :guitar: Congrats on the new axe, Doug. Looks beautiful. Does it have the solid block inside the body like an ES-335?

That is pretty cool. Lotta good players putting a Sheraton through it's paces there. Carlos Santana even. Thanks for the link.
One thing I've always wanted to try is Going Down - not the Jeff Beck parts because I did that 30 years ago. But the Max Middleton piano parts. I've always wondered how tough that would be to translate to guitar. Maybe if I can pull that off I'll do a UTube thingy.

Thanks for the heads-up, Bill. I hadn't tried searching for guitars on YouTube yet.

As an aside, the guy playing in that video is proof that tablature can show you the notes, but it can't give you the soul. :rolleyes: ;)

Congrats on the new axe Doug! :thumb: I had a knock-off Les Paul years ago and am still wanting to pick one up one of these days. I finally got mine out the other day to play with after a couple of years. Amazing how quickly you lose it if you don't use it. :huh:

Anyway, that's a great looking guitar.

Semi-hollow body

That is one beauty of a guitar. I've never seen another like it. I was going to ask if it was a hollow body since it appeared to be thicker than Dad's Les Paul but thinner than Steve Howe's hollow body. So all I have to do now is go to u-tube and compare the tone to the two other models I mentioned. Congrats! I know you are proud.