Street Organ Video

That's super, Jay! :clap: :clap: :clap: George seems to be enjoying himself. :p The organ has remarkably good tone, and your pipes are well-tuned, too. Does the tempo of the song change with the speed of the crank?

Thanks much for making the video. :thumb: If possible, you should add something to the "More Info" section on YouTube to let folks know you made the organ.

As an aside, back in my rock band guitar-playing days, the bass player and I used to play that song (Sailor's Hornpipe) as a finger warmup and exercise. I still run through it from time to time to see if the ol' fingers still remember how it's done.

Ditto Rennie, just amazing. That just put a smile on my face. I can't imagine what all goes into those to create such sound. Thanks for sharing your craft :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Tom

Speechless,wow fantastic unreal. I even managed to get my wife out of bed to come and see it. Thanks for posting it.

Jay , please tell us more. Do you create the drums? You sure have my curiosity going crazy. I love things like this. What a real creation. You should be so proud to be a craftsman that can produce something like this. :clap::clap::clap:

That is just too COOL!

I want one! I have been researching for plans and books and stuff. Looks like it will also take a lot of head scratching.

Any suggestions? All I can do is plan for now.

Up for a shop visit the later part of May?

I want it! I haven't heard anything so happy in a long time! Absolutely wonderful to hear! I must be a guy thing because my wife couldn't understand why I want to build one.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Id be happy to come help you build one Royall just send airline ticket :rofl::rofl:

Thats why they call it the HAPPIEST MUSIC ON EARTH If you cant smile listening to this then you are have one VERY bad day.

Thanks for all the kind replies folks
Jay

that was great jay,,,, and like vaughn said you need to add some info on this and whoever helped you get it on the air should be thanked as well.. that was amazing and i cant wait to see i tin real life ,,,do they play more than one song? so many questions,, and cheer up its ahappy song:rofl: great job!!!

that was great jay,,,, and like vaughn said you need to add some info on this and whoever helped you get it on the air should be thanked as well.. that was amazing and i cant wait to see i tin real life ,,,do they play more than one song? so many questions,, and cheer up its ahappy song:rofl: great job!!!

Yes Larry I just change the roll my biggest cost right now is the rolls I have more tied up in them than the cost of the organ.

You can buy a few part of the organ but I chose to make all of mine even the Crank shaft and I also bend my own pressure spring (not as hard as it sounds) Building these has been the most fun I have had in a long time.

Jay

Last edited:
Jay I'd take you up on that offer if timing was better! Maybe another time. I did how ever forward the link to Charlie Gibson at ABC News. I think people could use a little happiness at the end of a news cast considering the state of the economy. Who knows.... maybe you'll make a lot more people happy than you ever thought possible!:thumb:

Jay,
Thanks for taking the time to post your video - it is great fun to watch. I can only imagine how bug a smile you get knowing you made it!

Wes