Band saw riser blocks

Chuck Ellis

I have a Delta 14" band saw. My capacity under the blade is only 6", and would like to go to 12"... my saw looks very much like the saws sold by HF and Grizzly (G0580), except for the color. Same stand etc....

Grizzly sells a riser block for the G0580... in the opinion of those who have used riser blocks, do you think the Grizzly riser will fit my Delta saw??

Not actually done this but have read of others doing it. Me, I would just order it and betting it will fit.

BTW, noticed the Tellico Location. Been many years but spent a lot of time up there in the National Forrest as a kid. Dad loved to trout fish and I loved the woods.

Chuck, I have heard of riser blocks from the Grizzly G0555 being put on some Delta, Jet and Harbor Freight bandsaws.
Can't say if it will work. Hope someone here can speak with experience.

Chuck, I would Certainly wait til I found out from someone that has done that "Successfully", ..... "BEFORE" I ordered it, BECAUSE ......... there is more to it than just the riser block itself. It should come as a kit, which includes the extended guide post as well as the "Riser Block" itself.:huh::dunno:

You don't want to end up like this........:doh::bang::bang::bang::D

Thanks all for the replies.. I did email customer service at Grizzly.. the CS clerk that answered didn't know, but was willing to help me place an order... the riser block I was looking at is a complete set up and looks very much like the same one that comes from Delta. The Grizzly kit is about $40 + less than the one from Delta.

Bart, Good point, didn't think about the blade guard, but makes sense.
'course you gotta know that I never throw anything away until I forget what it is, then the next day spend two hours looking for what I threw away yesterday.:dunno:

Still waiting for final bills from the wife's hospital so I'll know if I'm going to have any money left, so at this point is only speculation and wishing..

BTW, noticed the Tellico Location. Been many years but spent a lot of time up there in the National Forrest as a kid. Dad loved to trout fish and I loved the woods.

Jeff, I retired here from Houston about 3 1/2 years ago.. one of the selling points of moving here was that I would get to do some trout fishing... I've been once since moving here... maybe this year I'll spend a little more time up on the river.

Next time you are up here, give me a shout.

Chuck,
I used a Ridgid riser block on my no name 14" bandsaw. The issues I ran into were the alignment pins (roll pins) were not in the same position so I had to mark and drill new holes. Also the guide post was a different diameter so I had to make a new one.
A little patience and it worked well.

Good luck,
Wes

There not called Delta Clones for no reason. ;) I would bet everything would swap out/fit no problem. Yes it is possible it want but I am betting it would.

Off Topic drift here, but I need to head up there this spring and get mom out of the closet. (Running joke). Mom passed away, asked to be cremated and never said what to do with her ashes. But she loved Tellico and wanted to go back as soon as she felt better. She knew she didn't have long, but no one knew just how little time and she never returned. So we decided it would appropriate to drive up to Tellico and put her ashes there in the park since she loved that area so much.

So, I might be stopping by for a visit this spring! Are there any Hotels in Tellico now?

So, I might be stopping by for a visit this spring! Are there any Hotels in Tellico now?

Love to have you come by. No hotels, but we have several places that rents cabins around Tellico... do a quick check on the www for rental cabins in TP.. some right on the river along Rafter Road, some on 360 north of TP (not sure I would recommend these .. used to be nice but look a little run down now) and some on the old Belltown Mill Road just out of TP.. these are the ones my kids stay in when they come up... for some reason they'd rather sleep in the king size beds in the cabins than my queen size sleeper sofa.. go figure:dunno: