When one door closes.....

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
Oh well. It was inevitable. Most of you know by my 'old' signature line that I was employed by Weyerhaeuser. With the downturn in the construction market there's not much need for our engineering department to design roof and floor systems. So, this morning, I, and 40% of our department, had our positions eliminated.

The upside is I seem to have more time to spend in the shop and now that deadline on my chancel furniture does not look so close. When I'm not in the shop I can be beating bushes and looking for something to occupy my "non-shop" time.

A door will open, I'm sure.:thumb:

Sorry to hear your bad news Rennie. Looks like you have a good attitude about it so far.

Sometimes bad things can lead to great things...here's hoping that happens to you!

I sure hate to hear that, Rennie. It unfortunately is happening all over the country and all across the business spectrum. Just keep the Faith and enjoy the new found shop time, and I'm sure something will turn up for a man of your talents.:thumb:

I think most are fearing that the same may occur to each of us. I fear we have not seen the worst of this downturn. I wonder about my own position if it gets worse, but I put that aside for now and offer to you my condolences and second your hope that this will be an opportunity for a better path.

Sorry to hear about that Rennie.

Here's wishing you Good luck and I'm sure your positive attitude will be one of your best assets!

Rennie,
sorry to hear that. Every day lately i find out about another friend or acquaintance losign their job. The hardest ones are those who are young in their careers with not much savings, new family, etc.
Hope you weather the storm well.
paulh

Whoa! Rennie! Not cool, Dude! But the last time I got whacked like that, I ended up landing on my feet, in a much cooler spot! Here's hoping for the same outcome for you! :thumb:

The real trick is keeping your good posture in the air, so you have good balance when you land.... ;)

Seriously, though: I know it's tough, but we've all been there and come through. Still, I'm sure right now such words seem a little empty. So my best advice: hug your wife, throw a ball for the dog, and make something nice. Remember, none of this trouble has anything to do with anything you did or didn't do.

And remember what Julian of Norwich said:

"All shall be well, and
All manner of thing shall be well."

She was right! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

A good friend once told me: "The best job you ever had is the one your going to next. The worst was the one you just left".

I've always thought he was right. :thumb: <<< place beverage of your choice here.

Sorry to see the news, Rennie. There's a lot of that going around these days. :rolleyes: Looks like you've got the right attitude, and that's a big part of the equation for getting on to the next chapter.