Street Organ how it works video

I have had so many question about the Organ and how it works that I thought I would try another video (this is starting to get fun now) Its unedited as I'm still trying to figure all of that out so bear with me. :eek:
Hope this answers alot of the questions. :wave:

Will try to get a video of the Organ you see behind me to my right its the big one. :p

Jay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSNAypbWe0g

Last edited:
Very interesting Jay, thank you.
So what caused the note to stick?
The only cause I can think of is that the paper stop moving. Is this correct?
Does the take up spool have a clutch?
Or did the starting piece of the paper simply slip out of the slot?

Very interesting Jay, thank you.
So what caused the note to stick?
The only cause I can think of is that the paper stop moving. Is this correct?
Does the take up spool have a clutch?
Or did the starting piece of the paper simply slip out of the slot?

Paul the drive pulley was loose on the shaft I need to drill another hole and install a screw into a dimple on the shaft. Just something I forgot to do.

Jay

Jay, I saw your post on IAP. Didn't know you posted here, until I did a search on street organs. I was trying to find out where some plans might be available. Can you tell me where to look. A search only can up with one place in the UK.

Jay, I saw your post on IAP. Didn't know you posted here, until I did a search on street organs. I was trying to find out where some plans might be available. Can you tell me where to look. A search only can up with one place in the UK.

Paul there is no place in the US to buy plans. You can get the John Smith plans form www.rollcutter.com Peter Hood is good to deal with. There are other Plans available of different designs from the Netherlands but some are only in Dutch which I cant read.

I do have plans for a Fair Organ its a Wurlitzer 105 which I am starting to make parts for now you can research it on the wurlitzer105b yahoo forum.

Hope this helps its a real fun project.

PLANS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FROM ROLLCUTTER

Order from smithbusker"AT"ntlworld.com Replace the "AT" with @

Jay

Last edited:
That's an amazing machine, Jay. :clap: As much as I'm impressed with your ability to make one, I also admire the people who came up with the idea long, long ago, and figured out how to make them with hand tools.

I was also surprised to hear the articulation between the fast notes. Those holes must be real close together. Hmm...it'd be fun to come up with a computerized roll puncher. :rolleyes: