Finally back in the (garage) shop

Jim Burr

Had a couple of days off and did my functional thing. The bucket is spalted something that was punky till the cows come home. It will hold all of our wooden spoons and such on the counter. So far, 1 coat of wipe-on poly. About 3/8th thick all around.
The little one is.....you guessed it, a salt box. This on goes to auction for my fish of a daughter. It is more English walnut with 2 coats of wipe-on and will finish with Arm-r-Seal. Paired with pictured Black walnut peppermill. I have way to much walnut. Cheers and let's hear it !!:wave:

Attachments

• Wood 122.jpg
    Wood 122.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Wood 123.jpg
    Wood 123.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Wood 124.jpg
    Wood 124.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Wood 125.jpg
    Wood 125.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Ah yes...happy to. My daughter, as some of you know is a cancer survivor and will be dealing with thyroid testing (a seperate issue) again next week. She is also a full scholarship student at Fresno Pacific University and member of the swim team, hence "Fish" or as she is known..."T-fish" or "T-dogg" and currently...a 4.0 gpa. She is on her way back from Conference finals in Long Beach and hits the air in 3 three weeks for Nationals in Kansas City. She has qualifying times in the mile, 500m and for some reason, the 50 free. Looks like I'm on my way too since I'm a USA Swimming Official with National ranking and will have a heck of a time keeping my eye on "my lane" :D

Both pieces are nice, Jim. Good to see you got some shop time in.

Salt boxes are another item on my long "one of these days" list. :rolleyes:

Ah yes...happy to. My daughter, is also a full scholarship student at Fresno Pacific University and member of the swim team, hence "Fish" or as she is known..."T-fish" or "T-dogg" and currently...a 4.0 gpa. She is on her way back from Conference finals in Long Beach and hits the air in 3 three weeks for Nationals in Kansas City. She has qualifying times in the mile, 500m and for some reason, the 50 free. Looks like I'm on my way too since I'm a USA Swimming Official with National ranking and will have a heck of a time keeping my eye on "my lane" :D

Jim,
Hearty congratulations to your daughter... I know you must be busting with pride... my daughter was on a scholarship at Berkeley. She was a track star then, but has graduated on to "Iron woman" competitions... running, swimming and biking. She's had to give up the competitive running and swimming since a car knocked her off her bike about 10 years ago... she wound up with a titanium cage around 3 vertebrae in her back. She still bikes though.
My Granddaughter swam at Omaha last year in competition. She did well, but not well enough for the olympics. She's in her first year at Parkland in Champaign, Ill... she's going to do JR college first, then on to the Univ of Ill and make a teacher like her mother.
So the wife and I both know how proud of your daughter you are. Congratulations on a job well done.:D