Narex Chisels

Rich Aldrich

I just got a set of Narex chisels for my birthday. Tomorrow I should get a chance to try them out and let you know the results. Now I need to get set up with the scary sharp method. Some day, I will spring for the WorkSharp... Hmmm.. maybe Santa will bring one this year.

I got a set of 4 for $22.00. They are Rockwell C 59 hardness and are chrome moly. They are suppose to be the same as the expensive ones, but made in the Czech Republic. I was suprised how long they are - about 10".

hi rich ,

IIRC these chisels faired pretty well in a test of 50 or so diffrent ones in finewoodworking a while back , possibly receiving best value award but i am not sure . they should serve you well for a long time . i have had a cheap set from marples from the BORG for 10 years or so and they have never dissapointed . you may have to sharpen them more often , but is this a bad thing ? i dont know about you but i kinda like spending a few hours every now and then (2or3 times a year ) sharpening every thing i can get my hands on in my shop :thumb:

I just came in from the shop. The chisels seem to work well. I messed around with a piece of maple. They held an edge quite well, but time will tell.

Unfortunately, due to snow, I havent spent much time in the shop today. Wednesday, I woke up to about 10 inches. Then on Friday we had about 12 inches. I had to clean up better than what I did Friday morning. It took most of today to do a decent job of cleaning up. I have a Ford 1900 Diesel so the going is slow - need a snow blower for the Class 1 three point hitch to speed the process up.

Friday and Saturday, my daughters had swim finals. Friday afternoon was the diving finals. My younest daughter just started diving this year and placed in a tie for 6th. Not bad for being afraid of the water and afraid of the board in November:eek:. She didnt like competitive Cheer and decided to try diving - she really didnt like competitive Cheer:D.

Saturday was swim finals. My middle daughter is a senior this year. Their 200 Medley relay team placed 4th and she placed 6th in the 200 free style. It was tough knowing it was her last swim meet.

My wife is the coach and really enjoys swim. She is learning how to coach diving. She helped convince my youngest to try diving.

congrats on the chizels rich and enjoy your thaw your having up there..:) makes for a long winter in your neck of the woods.. good job on the daughters acheivemnts. and now you can watch her in college:thumb: