Right place, right time!

I took LOML to her Dr. appointment Thursday. Afterwords I was standing in the pharmacy line for her with a book I brought to read while waiting for the oncologist to see us (WOODTURNING A foundation course). This guy walked up and said your a turner! I said no I'm not! but I'm going to try it:thumb: As it "turns" out this guy is the president of the Big Island Woodturners!:D Tried to tell him all I knew so far is what I has just started reading in the book. All he kept saying is come up to his house so he could get me up and running. Supper friendly guy!:thumb: He told me of several people that live near by and they would be happy to come to my shop if I ever need help. It appears I'm going start spinning sooner than later:D

You know Chuck B., I'm not seeing the cookies yet??? Hey, wheres the exit?? I don't see the door!! Oh NO! it's the VORTEX!!!:D:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Looks like you stepped in it this time, Royall. :rofl:

That will be a real good start to learning to turn. Great people these turners, no matter where they are from.

Looking forward to seeing some of your first pieces. (No worries about what it looks like. We all started somewhere.)

Be calling ya sometime.

Aloha, Tony

Royall, getting a bit of one-on-one guidance from someone who knows what they're doing will save you a whole lot of grief. (Or at least it would have saved me a lot.) The Big Island Woodturners group has a pretty impressive roster of members.

That slightly dizzy feeling you have is just the Vortex sucking you in. Don't fight it. Resistance is futile. :D

Royall,
I'm very sorry I've been hard at work to make some fresh chocolate chip for ya here you go buddy.

cookies.jpg

Well, at least you were in a Doctors office, now to find the one to cure you from that spinnyitis :p. Really that is quite cool the he observed what you were reading and introduced himself. Starting any new craft, helpful hints and instructions from such organizations is great. Hey, maybe even a few new friends also. Good luck with your upcomming turnings :thumb:

Tom

Warned you!!!!

well you told me yu had ill feelings, and was gettin dizzy as vaughn put it.. well you wont have to worry now how to get your ladders to go around corners anymore.. it was nice knowing ya,, enjoyed having ya on the flat work team... your gonna need everycoconut you can find now cuz the spinny world constantly takes yur spare change.. at least you headed into this with some good folk.. seeya royal.. :wave::(

I took LOML to her Dr. appointment Thursday. Afterwords I was standing in the pharmacy line for her with a book I brought to read while waiting for the oncologist to see us (WOODTURNING A foundation course). This guy walked up and said your a turner! I said no I'm not! but I'm going to try it:thumb: As it "turns" out this guy is the president of the Big Island Woodturners!:D Tried to tell him all I knew so far is what I has just started reading in the book. All he kept saying is come up to his house so he could get me up and running. Supper friendly guy!:thumb: He told me of several people that live near by and they would be happy to come to my shop if I ever need help. It appears I'm going start spinning sooner than later:D

:(:(:( Darn, I guess that means I don't get my trip to Hawaii?????????????:rofl::rofl:

Looks like you stepped in it this time, Royall. :rofl:

That will be a real good start to learning to turn. Great people these turners, no matter where they are from.
Looking forward to seeing some of your first pieces. (No worries about what it looks like. We all started somewhere.)
Be calling ya sometime.
Aloha, Tony

I'll keep the camera close by Tony, and remember you can call me anytime! (gee, that sounds like a song somewhere:D)

Royall, getting a bit of one-on-one guidance from someone who knows what they're doing will save you a whole lot of grief. (Or at least it would have saved me a lot.) The Big Island Woodturners group has a pretty impressive roster of members.

That slightly dizzy feeling you have is just the Vortex sucking you in. Don't fight it. Resistance is futile. :D

I don't know how far I'll go with it Vaughn. Just to know how to do it safely is what I'm after right now. The club has a big show that runs almost the whole month of March. I'll be checking into that and take the camera with me.

Royall,
I'm very sorry I've been hard at work to make some fresh chocolate chip for ya here you go buddy.

cookies.jpg

Oooooo Chuck.... You remembered!!!:D:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well, at least you were in a Doctors office, now to find the one to cure you from that spinnyitis :p. Really that is quite cool the he observed what you were reading and introduced himself. Starting any new craft, helpful hints and instructions from such organizations is great. Hey, maybe even a few new friends also. Good luck with your upcomming turnings :thumb:
Tom

Tom, the Doctor just shook his head and walked away:rofl::rofl: Yeah, I was a very outgoing guy, one of those people you can take an instant like for. :thumb:

well you told me yu had ill feelings, and was gettin dizzy as vaughn put it.. well you wont have to worry now how to get your ladders to go around corners anymore.. it was nice knowing ya,, enjoyed having ya on the flat work team... your gonna need every coconut you can find now cuz the spinny world constantly takes yur spare change.. at least you headed into this with some good folk.. seeya royal.. :wave::(

Ah, Larry.... I'll still be a "round":rofl: Got too many tools to stay with just one! Besides I still have to build a library.:thumb: Can't be anymore expensive than flat wood projects. Here where Koa is grown select is 45 bucks a bf!:eek:

:(:(:( Darn, I guess that means I don't get my trip to Hawaii?????????????:rofl::rofl:

Well Chuck, you snooz you looz!:rofl::rofl: But remember, anyone is welcome to come by if they make it to the Big Island:thumb: