Grandson in hospital

Hi Frank my thoughts and prayers go out to him. Have they diagnosed exactly what it is. Are they sure of the correct virus? What about second opinions.

Quick short story. I had an orthopedic doc once who was fixing my leg after having contracted bone sepsis due to implant (long story). He would always send out a minimum of two samples most times three to different pathology labs to get results on the bugs he was up against all the way through my treatment. Told me upfront about his method. Said it cost more but he had yet to see the same result come back from both labs.

I am now a big advocate of not leaving my fate in the hands of one doctor. This guy I am refering to fixed my leg when another was washing his hands of the problem.

No fear factor intended just some advice that maybe another opinion or more tests at a different lab would yield differnt results.

I trully hope something changes soon. Lucky the youngster has age on his side.

I'm pretty confident that the diagnosis is correct. My son and daughter-in-law are both doctors at the hospital. I'm sure they checked everything very well. My son can have a temper (don't know where he inherited it. :rolleyes: ) they don't want to deal with him if screw-ups hurt his son. Besides, it is a very good hospital. If I need something big done, that is where I would want to go.

Hi Frank, I don't know how but I missed this post until now, I'm glad that your grand son is on his way to recovery and the doctors have hit the target with the diagnose.

I'm sending my prayers and energy from here.

Take care

thats the great thing about kids, their resiliency, forget everything bad that was happenning, and boom, right back to business.
Not like us Frank, we get sick, it lingers, and lingers, and lingers, Im glad to hear hell be back up and running around within days and driving his parents nuts again.

Yes, he is now home. But the concern may not be over. With several days of constant diarrhea, his butt became very sore and raw. Now, according to his Mom (a pediatrician) it looks like possible staph infection. I'll know more in an hour but he may have to go back to the hospital. :(
This thread is probably a real downer for young couple with children. Sorry. Life is real and it doesn't always come with a smile.