Florida Woodworking Show

If this event is in March I would love to meet up with you guys!

I couldnt view the site from my work computer but I will check it out at home.

It's getting closer.....

We are still planning on coming down on Friday if nothing happens at work and we can break away......... I have the day 'blocked' on my calendar.

Any plans yet?? Who's coming and when ?? Get together ??

Tony,

I am going to be there. I can come Friday or Saturday. I know that Julio is planning on showing up but I do not know if Fridays are OK with him. Last time that I heard from Jay he was planning on being there both days. I was trying to get Don to come down but I don't think that he is going to make it. I guess that now we just need to wait and see who all is going and plan on meeting somewhere at a certain time. I hope that some other members decide to come and we can all meet up.

Standing by.

Allen

sounds good to me

Unless something unforeseen happens, I'll come up late Friday and be there for Saturday.

I start a new job the 15th and I have to take the next Thursday off to chaperon my daughter on a field trip but I will try and arrange to take Friday off at noon to go over there.

I can definitely make it on Saturday and or Sunday.

Breakfast at a local Cracker Barrel before heading to the show sounds awfully tempting.

Tony,

I am going to be there. I can come Friday or Saturday. I know that Julio is planning on showing up but I do not know if Fridays are OK with him. Last time that I heard from Jay he was planning on being there both days. I was trying to get Don to come down but I don't think that he is going to make it. I guess that now we just need to wait and see who all is going and plan on meeting somewhere at a certain time. I hope that some other members decide to come and we can all meet up.

Standing by.

Allen

Hi there Allen,
Yeah, I'm sitting here looking at the URL and chomping at the bit. I would love to go with you guys and gals. I don't have one of those go-carts and I'm simply not able to do the crowd walking and gawking I use to do. :dunno:
Take some pictures of all the new neat stuff and good deals for us. If you set up something on Photo Bucket or the like our Canuck buddies, Stu and friends, Aussies, heck, even our Yankees :rofl: can go with you. (So sorry if I left anyone out):doh:
By the way, you do really need to talk one or two of our lady sawdust makers into going. You boys will need someone to say "NO! you can't have that." :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Have fun, we all will be with you!

DT

I spoke with my buddy today, we have decided to postpone until Saturday. So what I suggest is we pick a place to meet for breakfast. We are planning on leaving Lake City around 5’ish so we can meet about 7:30 - 8:00'ish. The show opens at 10:00, so we can fellowship for a couple hours then head to the fairgrounds. Times are adjustable to others schedules. We (my buddy & I) want to be on the road right after the show closes -- its 2 1/2 hrs drive home for us.

I am unfamiliar with the area; can someone who knows the area take the lead and arrange a meeting place?? A nearby Cracker Barrel or something ??

It looks like that Saturday is going to be the best day for most so I will plan on being there Saturday. I am two hours south and was wondering if we could take an hour out from the show and have lunch about one or two pm. That would still give us seven hours of show time with a break. If we left our homes at 6:00 am and had breakfast and then eight hours of show and then a two hour or more drive home that would be at least a fourteen plus hour day. I can tell by looking at Tony that he could handle it but I would be really draging.

Julio is the only one that has responded so far that is from that area but I do not know how well he knows that area around the fair grounds. If we decided to do the lunch we could all keep our eyes open on the way in for a place.

Come on down Don. We will just take turns draging you around with a rope if we have to.

Where is Jay? He started this whole thing.

Shoot, I just looked at the actual distance. Too bad it's almost a six hour drive from here. I'd love to be able to come down and meet y'all.

Oh well, have fun and make sure someone brings a camera! ;)

- Marty -