Florida Woodworking Show

Allen

I'm in Prescott, just got my Mom into hospice. Didn't expect this to happen when I came out but life throws you a curve once in awhile. I hope to be back and able to attend, Sat sounds like fun.

Jay

Hi Guys

Well, I'll be back in Florida in a couple of days and will definitely be there! Saturday looks like a great deal, any idea where we'll get together? Lunch sounds like a great idea.

Jay

That's good news Jay. I was kind of thinking that if we were going to do the lunch thing instead of breakfast we could all meet just outside of the entrance door to the building at 1:00 and talk it over to see what we wanted to do. If the majority want to do breakfast someone will have to come up with a place and time before we all head out for Tampa. Standing by for more input from others.

I'll be going over on Fri, staying over with LOML, don't know if I"ll be able to drag her to the show -- "I'm hearing, been there, done that, bought the T shirt, not doing it again"

But, I'm not a real breakfast guy although I can drink a LOTS of coffee, lunch sounds better to me.

Let me know -- where is Julio when we need him?

Oh, I'll have a friend along -- his wife will be shopping with mine --

Jay

I'll be going over on Fri, staying over with LOML, don't know if I"ll be able to drag her to the show -- "I'm hearing, been there, done that, bought the T shirt, not doing it again"

But, I'm not a real breakfast guy although I can drink a LOTS of coffee, lunch sounds better to me.

Let me know -- where is Julio when we need him?

Oh, I'll have a friend along -- his wife will be shopping with mine --

Jay

Still here, I just started a new job after 2 months laid off so havent been able to come on as often.

Lunch is good for me, any time, Cracker Barrel for lunch??

Julio congrats on the new job.

Cracker Barrel works for me! How about 12:30 everyone?

Meet at the front entrance?

Julio, do you know if there is a CB nearby?

Jay

Go East on Hwy 4 cross over Highway 75, get off at exit #10, turn left on #579 (Mango Rd), pass under Hwy 4, going North. Turn left on Sligh Ave, then a quick left on Lazy Days Blvd, go a ways, the road turns to the right a bit, and then right near Hwy 4, you should see the Cracker Barrel, say 3.52 miles away.

Cracker Barrel Old Country Str6150 Lazy Days Blvd, Seffner, FL (3.52 miles away)
813-621-7323

Can you tell I'm bored stuck in the L shop............... :D

Take pics guys!

Cheers!

As Stu just pointed out, theres one almost at every two exists along 75(route to disney world)

so, it's 12:30 on Sat, correct? should we wear red flower hats or something, or just look weird as if we're waiting for someone?

Now wait a minute....something is just not right here. Getting directions to a restaurant in Florida from a Canadian who is living in Japan????? And you're going to trust that???:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Jim.

That IS funny. The world isn't such a big place anymore, is it?

But anyone who quotes MM is trustworthy in my book.

Hi everyone

I'm back in Fl but swamped, so I don't know if I"ll be able to fill the "coordinators" role.

Stu could do it, but then we'll have to put up with his decision and he won't be there to suffer the consequences :rofl:

I did a quick search

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&i...grounds restaurants&oe=ISO-8859-1&um=1&tab=wl

It looks like there are other choices closer by than the Cracker Barrel.

Anyone able to coordinate? Julio, you're closest but maybe you don't have the time with the new job

Jay

It seems to me that since no one really lives right in the area of the Fair Grounds or is familiar to the area that we all meet at a certain time and then decide what to do for lunch. Everyone could keep an eye out on their way in for a place. It seems like that when I went last year that the main street than turns into the grounds had a lot of places that would work and is close so would not take much time away from the show if people are in a hurry to get back. Also I am sure that some of the people that are working the show are locals and would have some suggestions.

Like Tony, I am flexible and willing to try anything that works. It does not look like that there are going to be many of us so it should be easy to figure something out. I suggest that we meet just outside of the front door at 1:00 and go from there. That would give us three hours of showtime before a lunch break and would avoid the rush hour lunch period. I will look for some options on the way in.

OK, so I had a few more minutes to spend

This looks like it is near the fairgrounds

http://www.winghouse.com/index.asp

Probably have more people interested in joining us if they know we're going to have lunch here rather than the Cracker Barrel :rofl: :rofl:

Allen your suggestion makes sense, see you at 1 and we can decide then

Jay