Toronto Show THIS wkd - Feb 27-Mar 1

Art Mulder

Hey Folks,

There's more and more Canucks I see popping up on this forum. :wave: But I haven't noticed any chatter about the Toronto show this weekend. Not surprisingly there's more chatter about it over on the canadianwoodworking.com forum.

But just in case... I love going to this show, and have been there for the past 5+ years probably. Mostly I enjoy meeting/seeing some folks that I've gotten to know through this hobby over the years.

I'll be there Saturday, so if you recognize me wandering around, just say Hi.

...art
final-nail.jpg

Full Disclosure: I write articles about 2-3 times a year for the magazine that hosts the show, but I have no commercial affiliation with the show itself....

Last edited:
I am toying with the idea of going. Only thing is my self restraint is pretty poor in fact its non existent when it comes to tools etc and given the current economic situation I cannot afford to be weak:rofl::rofl::rofl:

So I am thinking of giving it a miss just to be disciplined.

I can justify any tool purchase better than any wife can justify a pair of shoes or any other thing.:rofl::rofl:

Have to mull this one over carefully tonight. I know if I ask LOML what I should do she would say go but dont buy anything. How can I do that?:doh:

Take her along, and have her hold your credit cards...:rofl:

Good idea Art:thumb: I've always been a good boy and let my wife pull me around the mall when she shops:rofl::rofl::rofl: Turn the table and drag her around the show while you shop:thumb: That way she gets the idea how a guy feels:p:D:rofl: Give her a towel so she can clean the drule (spl?) off your face while looking looking at all the new and shinny toys... I mean tools:D

Good idea Art:thumb: I've always been a good boy and let my wife pull me around the mall when she shops:rofl::rofl::rofl: Turn the table and drag her around the show while you shop:thumb:

Actually I took my wife 2 years ago and she had a blast. The show in Toronto (then) had 3 different workshop areas where you could go through and make a project. one was for anyone, one was aimed at kids, and one was aimed at women. They had the staff so everyone was taken through the shop with one-on-one supervision and instruction. So she went and made a little display shelf in the one area, and then a little toolbox tote in the other.

Of course, that left me with about 90 minutes on my own .... (whistles innocently :rolleyes:)

Take her along, and have her hold your credit cards...:rofl:

No, no, no never let her hold the credit cards. I don't care if your a manure tossing contest they will always find something to buy. We don't have WW shows around here. Never been to one and wouldn't know what to expect myself.

We don't have WW shows around here. Never been to one and wouldn't know what to expect myself.

Hmm. Picture the "tool corral" at Home depot. Now next to it picture your local Woodcraft/Rockler. Now multiply it by enough to fill somewhere around 4-8 hockey rinks.
Toss in a few odd things like a shammy salesman, pot salesman, mini-donut salesman and so on. Shake well.
:rolleyes:

Only a true Canuck gives dimensions using hockey rinks as a measurement. :p

Dustin, to help clarify all the "foreign talk" around here, that'd be about 4-8 rodeo arenas. :rofl:

Actually, if you melt the ice, and truck in some dirt... hey presto, it's a rodeo arena.

I guess I could have said roubghly two football fields, but then someone would ask if I meant CFL or NFL dimension. And frankly I have no idea how big a basketball court is. :rolleyes:

...art

ps: and yes, a camera is on my "bring" list.

Oh, that reminds me. Here is their photo gallery from last year. And Royall and Dustin, this is between 1/3 and 1/2 of the show floor.

Only a true Canuck gives dimensions using hockey rinks as a measurement. :p

Dustin, to help clarify all the "foreign talk" around here, that'd be about 4-8 rodeo arenas. :rofl:

That is a little more useful. Rodeo arenas I can understand very well. Wait, we do have minor league hockey. Only been 1 time, but it was fun.