Scrap wood special.

Ah, the inspiration hit too little too late. Wish I'd have thought of doing this when the "Scrap contest" was going :D I was out in the shop yesterday afternoon cleaning it up a bit and getting ready for the next project. Looked at a chunk of left over poplar and thought Cathie,s been wanting a Banana holder! Didn't take much time to cut, sand it, and squirt 3 coats of lacquer for a surprise for SWMBO when she got home from work. It was well worth the smile on her face!;):p:p To me, that's what it's all about:)

Wish I hadn't eaten the other bananas now!:D
IMG_8439 (Medium).jpg

Ah Larry, I just didn't want to show off being one of the relatively new kids on the block:D:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

But thanks! It's fun to just do something in the shop once in a while that you don't have to concentrate to hard on:thumb: Cathie wants me to make some more to have around to give for gifts or what have you. Glad I made a pattern. I think too I'll round the front corners of the base a little bit to take away some of that "heart" shape.

Yep, that banana looks mighty lonely, to bad you live in an environment that just may be able to grow bananas :eek::p you couldn't have some more at the ready:eek::p:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yep, that banana looks mighty lonely, to bad you live in an environment that just may be able to grow bananas :eek::p you couldn't have some more at the ready:eek::p:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That little lonely banana is toast already:rofl::rofl:

They're coming, They're coming! Out of the 7 or 8 mature banana plants and have 5 bunches coming on! I'll be giving them away in a couple of months:thumb: When they start ripening they all come on very quick
:D

it looks like that poor lil ol' banana has been impaled on the hook... :eek:
how cruel...:(

I guess it's just my sadistic side coming out:D And then I ate it!:rofl::rofl: OH, NO!

Last edited:
I like it royall, but Im thinking youre next one, shape the base in the shape of a monkeys head and the arm holding banana make it look lilke the monkeys arm............if I only had a band or scroll saw.

I like it royall, but Im thinking youre next one, shape the base in the shape of a monkeys head and the arm holding banana make it look lilke the monkeys arm............if I only had a band or scroll saw.

Sounds like something the tourist would want:rofl::rofl: Cool money making idea though:D One problem though. We don't have monkeys here in Hawaii!!! Thank God!:eek: