Sad day

Ned Bulken

After a brief(one week of steep downhill following lengthy decline) illness, my mother in law is finally at peace. She passed away this afternoon quietly at home as was her wish. I'll either be around a lot or very little for the next few days. Your guess is as good as mine.

My sympaties Ned, to your wife and family. It's never easy to lose a parent.

Wish her:
Aloha, maluhia, a hui hou kakou.
(Farwell, peace, until we meet again.)

Take care my friend.

Tony

Ned, my sincere condolences to you, your wife, and your entire family on your loss. It's never easy to lose a parent, but sometimes it's just time. I'm sort of in the same boat--I'm expecting that call from my mother any day. We are thinking of you.

just getting home after tracking down Lori's estranged brother & sis(Mons)ter in law and notifying her last surviving aunt in person.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. This was expected 'someday', just not feb 28th.

On the plus side, she's at peace, and had 14 years living here with her loving daughter, grandchildren and sons-in-law (I'm husband mark II, and I tell the LOML that she's wife mark 'only') She was 83 years old, and had been a Policewoman, bookkeeper, crossing guard, meter maid and grandma!

Last edited:
...Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. This was expected 'someday', just not feb 28th...

Having gone through similar circumstances last August, I can relate. Even when you know it's going to eventually happen, it's never a pleasant time when it does.

Hugs to Lori.