Kids Table & Chairs

randy street

Here is the first project out of the shop. the wife wanted a table and chairs for the kids. Made it from red oak, finished with 3 coats of Watco Danish Oil and 4 coats of satin poly. I had a couple stair treads that I used for the table top. It should hopefully withstand their abuse.

The table is 20" high, 23" deep and 36" long. The chairs backs are 29" tall and the seat is 12" x 12" with the top of the seat bottom 12" from the ground.

Pre-finished

Table.jpg

Finished

Table_00.JPG

Table_03.JPG

Table_04.JPG

The happy customers

Table_01.JPG

Table_02.JPG

Table_05.JPG

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Randy

great looking table and the boys arent bad either randy!.. that will one piece that will handed down amongst your family for many years to come..but your gonna need another one cause you got two boys and just one table :) it is one stout looking table and chairs:thumb:

Great looking table and chairs! and your boys love it as it shows on their faces.

You'd better start planning the new one, because they grow so fast!:thumb::thumb:

Thanks everybody. The kids really seem to enjoy it, plus the wife likes it also.:D

Rennie - It really is my first project. I've made a couple cutting boards and done a whole bunch of carpentry/home remodel stuff, but nothing like this.

Randy

Great work on the table and chairs, Randy.

Looks like good work in the kid department, too. I gotta warn you though...watch out for blonde-headed boys. They can be trouble. I know...I was one. :D

Thanks everybody. The kids really seem to enjoy it, plus the wife likes it also.:D

Rennie - It really is my first project. I've made a couple cutting boards and done a whole bunch of carpentry/home remodel stuff, but nothing like this.

Randy
Hmmmm, I think you have a knack for this kind of work.:D