A perfect day for cleaning the shop

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
Today is sunny and a warm 60* with a 20 mph wind out of the east. The best possible day for cleaning the shop. I open the back door (on the east side) and the overhead door (on the west side) and get out the leaf blower! Everything gets blown off - lights, benches, floors the tops of tools, even the fridge.

It's a beautiful thing.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I spent all day yesterday cleaning up, today I worked there till I couldnt feel my toes, figured, ok, once frost bite sets in, its best to call it a day.
Florida looks better every day to me.

Today is sunny and a warm 60* with a 20 mph wind out of the east. The best possible day for cleaning the shop. I open the back door (on the east side) and the overhead door (on the west side) and get out the leaf blower! Everything gets blown off - lights, benches, floors the tops of tools, even the fridge.

Any neighbors DOWN wind????:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I spent all day yesterday cleaning up, today I worked there till I couldnt feel my toes, figured, ok, once frost bite sets in, its best to call it a day.
Florida looks better every day to me.

It's 43° now, Barely made 55° today, low of 28° tonight, high of 57° tomorrow and 30° tomorrow night.

I might as well move back to Long Island ! :huh:

I had -18 this morning:eek:. It warmed up to a balmy +11 and I am not talking celcius. Can you box up some of that heat and send it my way?:rofl::rofl:...I am willing to pay the shipping...:rofl::rofl:

And I didnt mention that between Wednesday Feb 18 and Feb 27, we got 40 inches of snow in 4 different snowfalls. Lake Superior is being to generous this year.

Last edited:
Rennie, I've been wanting to "blow out" the garage all winter.

It should hit 60 here on Thursday...I think I feel a cough and sniffle coming on already....;):rolleyes:...yup, cough, sniffle, sneeze.:thumb:

I don't have opposite doors, a leaf blower, or decent weather. But what i do have are 5 and 6 year old kids. Give them each a broom or brush and a dust pan, send them on the "mission", and watch the trash can fill up.
Paul Hubbman

Rennie, I've been wanting to "blow out" the garage all winter.

It should hit 60 here on Thursday...I think I feel a cough and sniffle coming on already....;):rolleyes:...yup, cough, sniffle, sneeze.:thumb:
Better take care of that before it gets worse. I suggest plenty of air and a day off from work.:D

...I think I feel a cough and sniffle coming on already....;):rolleyes:...yup, cough, sniffle, sneeze.:thumb:

Jeff, I know what you mean. I've got it bad right now!

Went to the doctor yesterday after a long weekend of self-medicating (to no avail). Got prescriptions for a six day course of prednisone, a codiene-based cough syrup (no shop time while taking that stuff!), and an Albuterol inhaler for the lungs.

Not having much relief yet. Had a coughing fit about an hour ago that was so bad I had to just sit down on the floor to keep from falling over. I Sure hope the meds kick in soon!

I really feel for you guys back in the mainland. I sure don't miss that kind of weather. We have been experiencing mid 60's here lately with highs in the 70's. Hey, for Hawaii, that's chilly. But, at least no snow, here.

Keep warm, and healthy.

Aloha, Tony