Buffing question

Hey all you buffing pros, question from a buffing newb; do you use your buffing system with natural edge pieces and/or heavily checked pieces? Was wondering if the bark and rough edges would snag on the cloth. Or maybe leave residue in the rough areas. Please tell me your technique for this, if any. Thanks in advance! Barry

I sure as heck ain't no pro,but I use the buff system on NE,you just have to pay real close attention an buff toward the edge as it will catch.And when I'm done I just take a tooth brush an clean the residue out of the nooks an crannys.I don't use my toothbrush tho :D I use the misses brush for that :rofl:

[How]do you use your buffing system with natural edge pieces and/or heavily checked pieces? ...

Verrrrry carefully. :p

Ken pretty much nailed it. Watch that you're not buffing in a direction that is likely to have a major snag, and don't try to be real aggressive. You'll likely get some fibers in the nooks and crannies, but they can be brushed or plucked out. It's also an unwritten law that no matter how closely you check the piece, you'll still find a piece of lint on it in the photos.

If you're new to buffing, you might want to try it on a few conventional bowls before you try a more challenging piece like a bark-edged bowl. Ken mentioned the number one rule, buff toward the edge, not from the edge. The wheel can catch an edge, then become a nifty bowl launcher. Face protection is also a good idea.