New Swap (closed)

KaLea Thoits

Alrighty everyone, I thought it would be a good idea to do a swap that can include as many members as possible. I was inspired in part by those of us who have grand ideas but sometimes hard difficulty getting around to it... and in part by all of the great things I have seen posted by the many talented people here.
So I have entitled this swap the Round-To-It Swap and it goes something like this:
The Rules -
  1. must be made of wood
  2. must be handrcafted by you
  3. project must have some degree of 3D roundness to it
  4. you have to be willing to mail it
  5. do not disclose what you are making to swap so it is a surprise
  6. be willing to receive a surprise project in return

Examples of roundness... bowls, mallets, pens, round boxes, rounded edge cutting boards etc.
Anyone interested should reply on this thread that they "are in". I will keep a list of everyone involved and once the projects are completed I will create a swap list. I'm not going to put a cut off date for sign ups so feel free to jump in even if you see this much later down the road.
Shoot me a pm when your project is ready to go and also let me know if you have any restrictions on where you can ship to. You will be added to the ship list only after you pm me that your project is ready to go.
I will post the "who ships to who" list on this thread April 14
All projects should be completed and ready to ship no later than APRIL 13

Swapper Readiness List: Updated 4-12-09
Frank Townend - Ready
Larry Merlau - Ready
KaLea Thoits - Ready
Dan Noren - Ready
Terry Rodecker - Ready
Nancy Laird - Ready
Mark Brown - Ready
Vaughn McMillan - Ready
Jeff Bower - Ready
Don Orr - Ready
William Lewis - Ready
Ken Ward - Ready
Chuck Thoits - Ready
Syd Lorandeau - Ready
Randy Street
Greg Poole

Last edited:
well i thought you were in on the last one frank but just havnt got it sent yet????

Ned sends to Frank
Frank sends to Rennie
Rennie sends to Ned.

I think that is the other Frank Larry, don't remember signing up.
I took a look that thread thread Larry, but I still think it is a different Frank. (<- link to thread)
I never sent a PM to Ned and he said in his post "Both Rennie and Frank expressed time/weather concerns and though I'm getting a bit of time in the shop today, it is looking to turn colder tomorrow again." Time is always an issue, but my shop is in the basement, no weather problems there.
We should ask Ned.

Last edited:
I think that is the other Frank Larry, don't remember signing up.
I took a look that thread thread Larry, but I still think it is a different Frank. (<- link to thread)
I never sent a PM to Ned and he said in his post "Both Rennie and Frank expressed time/weather concerns and though I'm getting a bit of time in the shop today, it is looking to turn colder tomorrow again." Time is always an issue, but my shop is in the basement, no weather problems there.
We should ask Ned.

ok i am wrong again first time this week:) sorry frank for false accusations:eek:

Gee Larry, does this mean that you are ACTUALLY going to join the vortex!!:eek::eek::eek: I mean something round, wow you might just have to learn some new tricks.:D:rofl: If ya need some pointers let me know.

I'm in too! Missed the other swap/exchange/contest...now I've comitted, can't back out! Thanks for setting up another one Kalea.:thumb:

I'm In

I'm kind of swamped the next few weeks and I'll be out of town for a while but I imagine I can get something done. Good one Kalea !:thumb:

Where are we with this?

And the reason I ask KaLea is I realize you said you would provide the swap list in mid April, but I wanted to tailor my piece to the person who will receive it. There are any number of nice things we can make, but I wanted to put some thought into it and make something that reflects the person receiving it.

Not all may want to do this which is perfectly fine with me. It's just my way of being.

All thoughts are welcome.

Last edited:
Bump

official_bump_height.gif