LOML stuck her head in the shop door & asked me

Bart Leetch

Could you use some more clamps?
I said sure always. She said I already knew the answer to my question.

Here are a couple of pics of the new fence for my table saw sled.

In the 1st pic there is 27 clamps on the fence.

The sled is to cut cabinet end panels & other plywood square.

Attachments

• sled fence.jpg
    sled fence.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 240
  • sled fence 2.jpg
    sled fence 2.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
It never ceases to amaze me how quickly we can take a thread down hill :rofl:

You're gonna love that sled.

P.s. be sure to make the fence adjustable.

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly we can take a thread down hill :rofl:

You're gonna love that sled.

P.s. be sure to make the fence adjustable.

Other than screwing down one end & making the screw hole a little larger in the other end & adjusting the fence square & tightening that screw down & double checking for square & adding screws to fasten the fence down permanently what about glue.

Bart use the 5 cut methode for checking square on your sled.. and like glenn said make it adjustable could slot the plat form and use a stool bolt to tighnen in place or a threaded knob on top with normal bolt.

Ya know? I'm not sure there was a direct answer to "did she buy you more clamps?" :huh:

There was "I would need more room." :rolleyes:

So, green light for a new shop? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ya know? I'm not sure there was a direct answer to "did she buy you more clamps?" :huh:

There was "I would need more room." :rolleyes:

So, green light for a new shop? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No she did not buy me more clamps.

She never buys me anything for the shop, but she always knows when there is going to be a major or minor purchase. Even though I am the one that does the budget.

I did however talk to her about the light duty aluminum bar clamps there most likely will be a few more of those in the future.

New Shop????

Do I hear strains of Beautiful Dreamer????

Last edited:
Bart...

I've tried several of the "use fewer clamps" methods, and now I do what you do. Except if they're too close together you can't get a good grip on the handle to tighten, so that trade-off has to be dealt with. Also, when possible, I clamp something like that against my 36" granite plate to give me a better chance of it ending up flat.

Nice looking sled.

Cheers.

I really need to make myself one of those.
That looks about the right size for me.
I cut the top for my cabinet today and really should have made a sled first.
Nice looking sled.

I noticed that several of those clamps are the blue handle quick grips. I love my black handle quick grips, but hate the blue handle ones. They are worthless because they will not tighten up. They did when I first bought them, but now they just slip.

I sent an email to Irwin complaining about them and asked if they had repair internal parts to make them usable again. They did not even bother to reply to my email.