Tablesaw arbor nut comes loose and I know why

Yes, you better believe there is loctite on that set screw, along with the pulley set screw, motor adjustment bolts, and every other appropriate bolt that I have adjusted and utilized.

Is it the blue or red stuff? :D

Loctite is a wonderful thing, I used to own a large V-twin motorcycle, and I can honestly say, I love that stuff:thumb:

Good to see you finally figured it out, you should point Powermatic to this thread and tell them to put something in the tech training about it, sounds like something they should have told you to check.

Cheers!

Congratulations on solving this Travis. The situation certainly had me wondering.

Got to get myself some of that Loctite. Just last week, Rick Thom introduced me to the stuff (blue in this case) when I had loose leveling nuts on my new router table insert.

Last edited:
I am partial to the red. It is wonderful stuff, and I consistently use it for any bolt or nut that has any potential for vibration or movement.

Now, I am depressed again. I put the top back on the saw, squared the blade up, and have found that the top is dished .010 of an inch at the center at the throat plate. Not good.

...Now, I am depressed again. I put the top back on the saw, squared the blade up, and have found that the top is dished .010 of an inch at the center at the throat plate. Not good.

[size=+1]Travis,
It's been dished all along, and you've been using it that way with good results, so why worry about it now? 0.010" is about three sheets of notebook paper. That's almost no dishing at all. I'll bet that PM's tolerance is something more like 0.040" or even 0.050".

Stop fretting over it and start cutting wood. The wood won't even know about the negligible table dishing![/size]