"Jacobs Coat of Many Colours"

Chas, you have some of the nicest woods, and so many different species :thumb: Very cool wood. You also use them well in your turnings, great shapes and forms highlighting what your wood has to offer, well done :wave:

Tom

Wayne & Co. regarding the woods, like Pete and many of the "Brits" in our particular circle, I deliberately give less than perfect local wood store room for a couple of years to see what develops.
Nature has a great way of providing all the trimmings needed, letting me get away with simpler designs requiring a lower skill/commitment/concentration level.

Wayne & Co. regarding the woods, like Pete and many of the "Brits" in our particular circle, I deliberately give less than perfect local wood store room for a couple of years to see what develops.
Nature has a great way of providing all the trimmings needed, letting me get away with simpler designs requiring a lower skill/commitment/concentration level.

Don't believe him:rofl: His skill level is awesome. It's the engineer in him. We do however use a lot of wood that I suspect you guys would put on the fire as often the true beauty is hidden inside. Also it's a heck of a lot cheaper.

Pete

Definitely some cool wood. Lots going on in that piece. :thumb:

Pete not all the bad wood over here ends up in the fire. :) My most recently finished piece was from a chunk of wood destined for the fireplace, but it was too hard for the neighbor to split into manageable chunks. I told the neighbor I could fix the wood for him. :p