116-1629_IMG.JPG

116-1630_IMG.JPG

116-1634_IMG.JPG

116-1633_IMG.JPG

116-1639_IMG.JPG

116-1647_IMG.JPG

116-1655_IMG.JPG

HPIM0477.JPG

HPIM0488.JPGHere are some pictures of the first project I built in my new shop. My daughter wanted a new bed but I got carried away. The stain is a water based custom color she picked out with a satin lacquer sprayed on top. The frames are put together with pocket screws and I did dovetails on the drawers. There are 12 drawers in the bed with 2 doors on the end.

Very nicely done, Alan. What a great way to break in a new shop, by making such a nice and useful project for your daughter. I'm sure she is one happy girl about now.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Great work, Alan. I'm with Royall...I can think of a lot worse colors than the blue your daughter picked out. Plus, the customer's always right. ;) Good to see you got the memo about how we like lots of pictures, too. :thumb:

Well done Alan! As for the color, the customer may not always be right, but the customer is always the customer. (Really, the blue looks OK)

The color she picked is a water based stain and it was very difficult to apply because it would dry very fast. I found out if you do 2 coats and don't worry too much about the first coat the second one would even things out.

AWESOME.

Quite honestly - I beleive we get too hung up on everything being the natural "wood".

I like to see stuff painted or with color sometimes.

Though I have not done it - I like it.

Well - I did make some cabinets for a friend of mine and he painted them.

The pictures don't do it justice because you can still see the grain of the wood.By grain I mean the color is transparent.