First 2007 Bowl.........

Stuart Ablett

Yep, I've already turned a nice little bowl from the Cherry I got from my buddy Jim last fall.

cherry_07a.jpg cherry_07b.jpg cherry_07c.jpg

I think I'm getting a bit better, as this one from a rough bowl to a finished bowl posing for pics only took 2 hours, not fast by pro standards, but getting better by dungeon standards :rolleyes:

Finish sanded to #400, then two coats of sanding sealer, sanded to #600, then 3 coats of friction polish, hand buffed on the lathe, then using the extra fine scrubby pad to smooth it out, then the Carnuba stick wax and a good buffing.

I like it!

Cheers!

I like everything about this one, Stu. Your placement on the lathe really brought out figure/ grain pattern. The finish looks to me perfect for the piece, glossy, but not overly shiny and un-natural looking.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce, the grain etc was mostly the luck of the draw, I do try to see what is showing and place the tennon that way, but as you know, it is not always possible to make even a good guess.

Thanks!

2 hours! It take me the better part of a full day still. And mine don't look anywhere near as good. Sheesh:dunno: .

Nicely done, Stu.