Shop helper - roller stand

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
I can't tell you how much I could have used one of these 2 weeks ago when I was working on that altar. They were on sale at Woodcraft and I passed them up and I was sorry about a dozen times.:(

I had to go in today for a router bit and there was one of these left on the display. Even though the sale ended the manager was nice enough to let me have it for the sale price.:D
DSC_3053 (530 x 800).jpgDSC_3054 (800 x 530).jpg

I couldnt cut long boards on my tablesaw without it.

I have another long bar, with a stand, that assists me to hold up sheets of plywood.

I just got too inpatient waiting for my son to get home from work to help me move those big sheets across the saw.

just make sure its set exactly perpendicular to your tool top or it will track the board off at an angle :eek:

Too true Mike, Years ago I built a couple of adjustable stands and put rollers on them. Had a heck of a time with the tracking problem. Swapped out the roller type for the ones with spring loaded ball bearings and that made life wonderful. I do have some of the ones mentioned above now though. Needed the "extra" help fast but knowing what to expect I've made them work OK.:thumb:

just make sure its set exactly perpendicular to your tool top or it will track the board off at an angle :eek:

Too true Mike, Years ago I built a couple of adjustable stands and put rollers on them. Had a heck of a time with the tracking problem. Swapped out the roller type for the ones with spring loaded ball bearings and that made life wonderful. I do have some of the ones mentioned above now though. Needed the "extra" help fast but knowing what to expect I've made them work OK.:thumb:

One of my old bosses showed up on the job one day. He had one of those and was all proud of what he had just gotten us. He came back the next day to see it sticking out of the dumpster. He fished it out and came back with one that had ball bearings on the top and as far as I know he still has it. That whole tracking thing Mike was talking about got the roller one pitched in a rush.:thumb:
Gee guys. Thanks for the vote of confidence.:(:rofl: