Black eyed Peas

S

Steve Clardy

So did everyone eat their black eyed peas for good luck this year?

I did [still think they taste yucky]

Not yet, but there a cookin' .. gonna have 'em with a ham that's been in the smoker all day, soon as everybody gets here..........

In the meantime ... Wishing everybody a Healthy, Happy and Prosperous New Year !!

We did Jumbeliah (I know the spelling is wrong, but it just won't come to me this morning) with rice, black eyed peas, green peppers onion and smoked sausage. Canned black eyed peas were with jalepanos, so it came out pretty spicy. Jim.

Hey Jim, that is one of our favorite meals at deer camp. I found the recipe some years ago and we make it from scratch....it also has okra in it.

It goes great at deer camp with a couple of ice cold brewskis.

We did Jumbeliah (I know the spelling is wrong, but it just won't come to me this morning) with rice, black eyed peas, green peppers onion and smoked sausage. Canned black eyed peas were with jalepanos, so it came out pretty spicy. Jim.

Since Texas isn't really part of the 'south' and you did use black eyed peas, we will forgive you. :thumb:

We eat lentils, then we take a hand full of grapes and walk around the block while we eat the grapes.

The lentils are supposed to be for good luck and the grapes while walking around the block means you will travel in luxery often in the new year.:huh: :rofl: