Prison Complex or Residence?

For the second year in a row I recieved an outside light for a Christmas gift. Well having nothing to better to do with it, I installed it so when I hike out to my detached shop, I can see a bit better.

Well after I got it working I started thinking about my plethora of outdoor lights. Well its just kind of funny. On the South side of the house I have a couple flood lamps and porch light to illuminate the dog kennel. On the East side I have some flood lights to light up the driveway. But the thing is when I turn on my outdoor shop lights it lights up the West side of the house. Of course I can always turn on the lights in back of my shop which lights up my dry kiln and lumber storage area, not to mention half the tree plantation because of the way they are aimed. So where did I place the new light...on the North side of the house of course because it was the only side that was not awash with light!!

Its crazy, if I turn on every outdoor light I have wired up, I think there is an acre and a half in coverage, and my darn residence looks like the State of Maine's new prison complex!!