I have ordered the john Smith plains I would like to know
how thick size wood the pipes are made of
I need to start planing my wood thanks

Hi
new here hope this is right place to post
I have ordered the john Smith plains I would like to know
how thick size wood the pipes are made of
I need to start planing my wood thanks

Hi Robert glad ya joined us when you get time put you location up there so we know where you at.:thumb:

I use 1/8 Baltic Birch (3mm) for the pipes and it works fine. If you cant find that then you will need to make some 1/8" stock I use Radiata Pine when I can and have also used Hard Maple dont use oak it is to open grained. Most important thing is to make good joins and seal them well any air leak will cause you problems. :huh:

And enjoy the build :D

Again Welcome to the FWW :wave::wave::wave:

Jay

Hi Ray, welcome. I think she's keeping that log secret because there's been no mention of it here. I'm only about an hour away from it so if she's not going to use it I could. LOL
Actually, I don't think I could ever do that log justice. I KNOW she will.

Tom

My log is being held hostage?? :eek::eek: :doh: :doh:

Yikes! I better schedule a quick return trip. :thumb:

I only wish I could. :eek:

But it is veneer wood, so maybe some could go to facing the pipes or embellishing the case. :drool::drool:

Actually I did start to get my head into the plans the other night. Needed a break from paperwork.

Starting a business

Hey folks many of you know by now that I am starting an Organ parts business and this to let you all know that I can no longer offer parts at my cost. They are costing me in a lot of time and running around to ship so I need to add a little to cover my cost and make it worthwhile, I'm sure you can all understand.

Thanks everyone
Jay