Something for your viewing pleasure

insignificant is when you think about our real place in our rather large universe. i like to think of it this way, i live in a medium sized city, in a medium sized state, in a medium sized country, in a medium sized continent, on a planet that is only 5th largest (that means there are four more that are bigger larry) in a small solar system, on the edge of a medium sized galaxy, in what they call a galactic supercluster, with voids that can stretch up to 250 million of our galaxies placed end to end, yet is only half as large as the biggest galactic supercluster discovered to date, in a universe full of galactic superclusters. now, how big was your problem bunkie?:rofl:

Great picture, Royall. I used to go to Astronomy Picture of the Day a lot...I've gotten some great wallpaper images there.

insignificant is when you think about our real place in our rather large universe. i like to think of it this way, i live in a medium sized city, in a medium sized state, in a medium sized country, in a medium sized continent, on a planet that is only 5th largest (that means there are four more that are bigger larry) in a small solar system, on the edge of a medium sized galaxy, in what they call a galactic supercluster, with voids that can stretch up to 250 million of our galaxies placed end to end, yet is only half as large as the biggest galactic supercluster discovered to date, in a universe full of galactic superclusters. now, how big was your problem bunkie?:rofl:

But to an ant, we're HUGE! :p :laugh2:

Is that snow in Hawaii???? :eek: I know it's 4,200 feet up but still seems strange.
We are getting excited about our trip, leaving on the 20th.

Frank, this is the only place you can go skiing in the morning and then be snorkeling in warm tropical waters in the afternoon with out having to take flight.:D Cold and windy up there too! Too bad you can't make it over to the BI while you're here.

Quite often you will see PU trucks driving around Hilo with a bed full of snow:D Really looks out of place with all the palm trees
;):rofl:

Is it the thing to do to drive up there. My pu didn't even like Pikes Peak.
Ray Gerdes

I tried to drive up in our 4 cyl. Tracker with A/T. Took forever to get to the visitors center at the 9000' level. They wouldn't let us go higher because the grand kids were under 16 years old. You need 4WD too. Not so much going up but coming down your brakes will go away quickly:eek::eek:

Last edited: